Sticky "Block"

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
ericschevy

Sticky "Block"

Post by ericschevy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:25 am

Please excuse me if this has already been done but I cant find it or even know of words to search for but,

I would like to see a mod where all the stickies could be collapsed into one block, sorta like the
categorize announcements mod but collapsed all into one block. Reason it came to mind is because on my board I have a lot of stickys posted and this would eliminate the need to scroll past all of them to get to the active topics. I think it would make for a much cleaner look as well.

V-bulletin has something similar. I'm a member of a V-Bulletin board where this has been installed and I like it a lot..

I suppose being able to display a sub forum within the top of the said forum would have the same effect..

Diet Ebola Cola

Re: Sticky "Block"

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:32 am

The Categorize Announcements & Stickies Mod has a block for Stickies, which you can probably integrate with the Collapsible Categories Mod.
Diet Ebola Cola

ericschevy

Post by ericschevy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Diet Ebola Cola wrote:The Categorize Announcements & Stickies Mod has a block for Stickies, which you can probably integrate with the Collapsible Categories Mod.
Well, I do already have the Categorize Announcements & Stickies Mod installed so I took your advice and downloaded Collapsible Categories Mod. When I got started I noticed right off the bat that the file names in the Collapsible Categories Mod don't match the files the directions say to copy. I'm too much of a noob to be gambling at it.. :oops:

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Collapsible Catgories only collapses the forumlist. You could probably modify it to collapse stickies, but you could not save your settings that way. You would always start collapsed or open.

ericschevy

Post by ericschevy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Hmmm, Well here's another thought.

If we were able to display a sub-forum at the top of a topic list then esentialy we could just name the sub-forum in relation to a sticky block.. That would keep all the stickys in one block so you don't have to scroll past them all. Nice and neat..

Here is a screen shot of what I'm getting at. I mod this forum and I can just move the stickys here when we get too many
Sorry about the mess, I'm not trying to advertise..

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”