Grab phpbb info from another folder

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
XBLFan

Grab phpbb info from another folder

Post by XBLFan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 am

Hello, I hope this is in the right forum.

I am running a board with drupal 5 bridged with phpbb3. It works as expected and is great. However I want to expand on it myself and add additional things to drupal. For instance, how do I gather information from phpbb3 and display it in drupal (this doesn't have to be just drupal, I'll explain below)?

What I want to achieve for now is display a user's username, number of private messages, and avatar on my home page. The problem is, my home page is /home and my forum is /home/forum. I want to know how to achieve this from another folder.

Any help would be appreciated :D

XBLFan

Re: Grab phpbb info from another folder

Post by XBLFan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Anyone want to help me with this? ;)

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:41 am

Hi,

There is plenty of information on this type of integration ni the MOD Writer's Discussion forum. This is one of the more lenghty topics: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1&t=587812 (you don't need to read it all, but it should give you some ideas of where to start)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

XBLFan

Post by XBLFan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Thank you very much! :D I'll read that and see if I manage to get anywhere.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”