Fetch News forum section to outside website front page?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Jaibyrd
Name: Jaibyrd

Fetch News forum section to outside website front page?

Post by Jaibyrd »

Greetings!

I know there isn't a fetch mod yet for phpBB3 (but I hope one might be on it's way) and I was wondering what code or something I could use like I used to use phpBB fetch-all to get my news posts in my news section of my phpBB3 forums on the front page of my website with a link at the bottom (comments) that brings them to that thread so they can comment if they wish.

I'm not interested in using a portal or integrate my site and have phpBB3 run it, just the possible php code I could slap into my site like I used to have php-fetch all do. I've seen it done on other sites (like Errant Story's news section) and if someone could be so kind to help me out I would be very grateful. Thanks a ton in advance and have a great day!
Kamano

Re: Fetch News forum section to outside website front page?

Post by Kamano »

I'm in need of something along these lines as well, considering it'd essentially be the backbone for my site.

What I'd like to have is something very very similar, if not nearly identical to this:

http://www.infernalaffairsguild.com/

that front page displays news pulled out of their news board, links to it, etc. I'm assuming they must be using phpBB2, in order to have a mod working for that, correct?

I'm very tempted to go to phpBB2 if that's the only way to get a front page of that type.
Jaibyrd

Post by Jaibyrd »

Kamano wrote:I'm in need of something along these lines as well, considering it'd essentially be the backbone for my site.

What I'd like to have is something very very similar, if not nearly identical to this:

http://www.infernalaffairsguild.com/

that front page displays news pulled out of their news board, links to it, etc. I'm assuming they must be using phpBB2, in order to have a mod working for that, correct?

I'm very tempted to go to phpBB2 if that's the only way to get a front page of that type.
Yeah, that looks to be a phpBB2 board. The mod I used to use with my phpBB2 boards to get that is called phpBB Fetch All. Here's the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbfetchall/

However, I must say, I worked with phpBB2 for years and honestly, fighting spambots is a huge problem with it whereas it looks like phpBB3 is far more protected (and has so much more nifty bells and whistles). So I'm just going to wait until a Fetch All-like mod comes out for phpBB3... *sits and waits quietly*
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

Hmmm, could this be what you are looking for?
Jaibyrd

Post by Jaibyrd »

A_O_C wrote:Hmmm, could this be what you are looking for?
Huzzah! You are a wonderful person for pointing this out! *hugs*
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

Im glad I could be helpful. Enjoy! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”