Custom page creator?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Humanrag3

Custom page creator?

Post by Humanrag3 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:25 am

Really don't know what else to call this,but what I'm trying to say is, is there any possibility, from ACP, adding a new module to create custom pages on a phpbb forum?

Ok lets say, in ACP, theres a new module called "Add Pages", and when you go to that tab, you have a text editor or something, and you can put the title of the page and the content of the page then click "submit" and MYSITE.COM/FORUM/WHAT_EVER_TITLE.php would be created?

Or maybe not even in ACP. Just a forum function where a specific category,what ever you post becomes a new page. or a seprate page where a mod is allowed to put a title and content and a new page would be created. :?

I don't know how well I described it.:(

ameeck
Former Team Member

Re: Custom page creator?

Post by ameeck » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:08 pm

This is actually quite a good idea. I'll try to see if someone attempted this or write a MOD of my own. However I can't say when I'll have the time, perhaps sometime next week.

Humanrag3

Post by Humanrag3 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Cool thanks.This would almost be like a news feeder. :D

I think able to do this from another custom page(staff only) would be more efficient then being able to do it in ACP

M0PIES

Post by M0PIES » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Humanrag3

Post by Humanrag3 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:32 pm

^ Something of that brand but not exactly.

I know how to make custom pages,lol. But I need to create few more and I thought maybe it would be a nice mod if thru ACP it was able to create custom pages.

eh that doesn't sound right.

ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:00 am

LoganSix

Post by LoganSix » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:31 pm

I am currently using the Blank Page MOD.
The Custom Page MOD looks good, but the HTML restriction prevents me from using it.

The reason I need HTML is that I am using the Page as a download point for applications that I am testing. I created a group on my Forum for testers and give them special access to a forum for testing. Then I needed to create a page that supported HTML for downloading/installing the Adobe AIR application. This page had to look like the final download page for the application, which uses JavaScript.

I used the tip from the Blank Page MOD to limit access to the page based on the Group ID. I think it would be nice to be able to assign access to certain pages to certain groups. This would be similar to how you assign a group access to a forum. This would allow me to create testers for different applications and then they would have access to different download/install pages for the application.

ameeck
Former Team Member

Post by ameeck » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Creating Custom BBCodes for the HTML snippets you need to use is not in question?

LoganSix

Post by LoganSix » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:17 pm

ameeck wrote:Creating Custom BBCodes for the HTML snippets you need to use is not in question?
I guess I could do that.
I really hadn't planned on anyone else making the pages except the Admin, but allowing certain people to view the pages.

LoganSix

Post by LoganSix » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, the custom BBCODE thing worked.

Thanks for the help on that. Of course, it means I can just post the install link directly in the forum without need for the page.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”