Forum Contest - Any ideas on how to execute?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
juniper76

Forum Contest - Any ideas on how to execute?

Post by juniper76 »

Hi. I've been searching the internet for ideas on how to execute a forum posting contest. I want to have a posting contest based on the number of posts ~or~ that members have a certain number of posts before their names are put into a drawing. These ideas are all nice, but I don't know what kind of tools to use to do this sort of thing. There is a lottery mod, but the thread is really old. How would I calulate the number of postings? Export the database before the contest starts and ends, and calculate the difference? I've got v3.04.

Thank you for any suggestions on how to execute a forum contest!

(Starting a thread scares me with the threats and all...I hope this thread fits the bill to be posted in this forum!...here goes nothing) :?
Anon
Former Team Member

Re: Forum Contest - Any ideas on how to execute?

Post by Anon »

Moving to the MOD requests forum
juniper76

Re: Forum Contest - Any ideas on how to execute?

Post by juniper76 »

I'll wait to see the answer for my question, but I went ahead and started the contest. I plan on using the post id numbers and having a random number generator chose the winning post id=member .

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”