RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
Locked
User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Here's a request for an add-on RPG Mod for the Shop/Points (or Cash) Mod...

Overall the RPG would be similar and/or a mix of Monopoly and Simms... Using the Shop/Points Mod to add, sell and purchase items (homes, land, businesses, jobs, etc.).

The key to the mod would be certain "rules" that I think will keep members engaged and make a greater fun factor. For example:

Currently we can add items to the Shop Mod that members can buy like a House, Land, a Business, Apt Building, etc.

The RPG could be setup (via certain ACP variables) so you can't buy a House, unless you already own Land.

Or if you buy a Business you'll only generate a small amount of points unless you have employees (members)... and still have to pay "taxes" (points) for the business. However, if get Employees (other members can apply to work for you - and they'll earn points) your Business will generate more points. Depending on the type of Business you own (some cost more than others), determines the amount of employees (members) that can work for you.

Members that purchase an Apt Building would be able to rent an Apt to other members... Like a Business, the larger (more expensive) your Apt Building, the more Apts you have to rent. If you don't get an renters, you won't generate points but still have to your "land taxes" (points).

The old phpbb v2 Shop Mod had a Stock Exchange add-on... That would be a great addition as well.

I have a few other ideas that are similar but I'll wait for some initial feedback first.

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:26 pm

I figure I might as well jot down these ideas before I forget...

The RPG could be setup so you can have different Neighborhoods. Where some are more expensive to live in and owen a business than others.

A random Crime Act (robbery for example) could be built in... Depending on the neighborhood you live or own a Business in, will determine your chances of being a victim. Naturally, the more expensive neighborhoods would decrease your chances of becoming a victim of a Crime.

When members first join they could either automatically be Homeless or it could be setup so they are automatically in Public Housing (in the least expensive Neighborhood).

Another "rule" could be that you cannot purchase a Home unless you have a Family (which you have to purchase).

These are just ideas... The whole point is to keep your members returning to your site, keep them engaged... and of course for you and your members to have fun. Of course, the Mod have to be written first :D

candysmall
Registered User
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:58 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by candysmall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:38 pm

I would love this! I would even pay to have this made!

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by keith10456 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:20 pm

candysmall wrote:I would love this! I would even pay to have this made!
You and me both!

candysmall
Registered User
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:58 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by candysmall » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 pm

I have posted a job on a freelancer site here: http://www.phpbb.com/ruels/#rule1j
If anyone would like this and would like to share the cost for developing and input on creation for this, please let me know. I am VERY serious about getting this done. Quickly!
Last edited by stickerboy on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solicitation is not allowed on the forums sorry

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by keith10456 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 am

candysmall wrote:I have posted a job on a freelancer site here: http://www.phpbb.com/ruels/#rule1j
If anyone would like this and would like to share the cost for developing and input on creation for this, please let me know. I am VERY serious about getting this done. Quickly!
Instead... Make your donation here (This is the coder's site... And where I'm making my donation. (see Adrian)):

http://phpbbgods.org/community/

candysmall
Registered User
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:58 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by candysmall » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 am

keith10456 wrote:
candysmall wrote:I have posted a job on a freelancer site here: http://www.phpbb.com/ruels/#rule1j
If anyone would like this and would like to share the cost for developing and input on creation for this, please let me know. I am VERY serious about getting this done. Quickly!
Instead... Make your donation here (This is the coder's site... And where I'm making my donation. (see Adrian)):

http://phpbbgods.org/community/
And they'll make this?

User avatar
keith10456
Registered User
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm
Contact:

Re: RPG Add-on For Shop/Points Mod

Post by keith10456 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 am

candysmall wrote:
keith10456 wrote:
candysmall wrote:I have posted a job on a freelancer site here: http://www.phpbb.com/ruels/#rule1j
If anyone would like this and would like to share the cost for developing and input on creation for this, please let me know. I am VERY serious about getting this done. Quickly!
Instead... Make your donation here (This is the coder's site... And where I'm making my donation. (see Adrian)):

http://phpbbgods.org/community/
And they'll make this?

Yes... I received confirmation that the code will be written for the add-on (Donations will speed things up ;) )

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”