Post As

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 am

Okay:

This is what i want:

A user goes to create a new topic, fills out what is needed, submits.
Now, when the user submits, the topic author is changed to "Forum Robot" and in the topic there is:

Code: Select all

MOD Author: [url=(Link to member profile)](Author name)(Real one)[/url]
How would i do this?
Last edited by ..::House::.. on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:57 am

More Detailed Explanation Of What I Need:

User 'A' creates a new topic in forum 'B'.
When the user is filling out the Posting-template assigned to that forum, he/she fills out the

Code: Select all

MOD Author
field to have his/her name and a link to it.

Once the post is submitted, the original topic author is changed to the 'Forum Robot' account with user_id '54', once viewing the topic, the

Code: Select all

MOD Author
field has the original topic author's Username linked to his/her profile.

Sort of like here at phpBB.com with the MOD Robot and Style Robot.
And Same Like STG with Gonculator.
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 am

Bump....I Need this please...
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

Bumpity Bump!
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

Poldi225
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Post As

Post by Poldi225 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:51 pm

i need it too! i have a solution for the new topic create you can use the support mod and to edit the author you must code some thing that make an edit in phpmyadmin.
but the problem is that i can't code so i need some body that can code this and the author of this topic has a solution

comkidwizzer3
Registered User
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:24 am
Location: $user->data['user_location'];
Contact:

Re: Post As

Post by comkidwizzer3 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 am

~My MODs~
Login After Register - v1.0.0 | Custom Ranks MOD - RC

~!Hasher!~

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Bumping Yet Again...Can anyone help?
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 pm
Location: EST
Name: David King

Re: Post As

Post by imkingdavid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 am

I know what you're talking about. If I had a lot of time right now and wasn't working on two MODs plus another that I promised someone else after those, I'd definitely get this up for you. ;) I'll add it to my list in case no one else does it. :D

EDIT: question: do you want the topic's author to be the "bot's" name or the author's name? I just re-read the post and am confused.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 am

imkingdavid wrote:I know what you're talking about. If I had a lot of time right now and wasn't working on two MODs plus another that I promised someone else after those, I'd definitely get this up for you. ;) I'll add it to my list in case no one else does it. :D

EDIT: question: do you want the topic's author to be the "bot's" name or the author's name? I just re-read the post and am confused.
Here it is rephrased:

A Registered User goes to create a new topic, fills out what is needed (topic title, description, etc), and then submits.
Now, when the user submits, the topic author is changed to the Forum Robot username and in the topic in the beginning there is:

Code: Select all

MOD Author: [url=(Link to member profile)](Author name)[/url]
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 pm
Location: EST
Name: David King

Re: Post As

Post by imkingdavid » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 am

That makes sense. I'll see what I can do once I get some more work done on my other mods. :)
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks David :)
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

User avatar
Sam
Former Team Member
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 am
Location: Sacramento, CA
Name: Sam Thompson
Contact:

Re: Post As

Post by Sam » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 am

Zephr is something that will work for that, you need both files for it to run, just make sure phpbb_auth_handler.php is included before the object is created with Zephr.

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... zephyr.php
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... andler.php

To operate...

Code: Select all

include('phpbb_auth_handler.php');
include('class_zephyr.php');

$bot = new zephr();

// Post topic
$bot->quick_topic($message, $subject, $forum_id, $user_id)

// Post reply
$bot->quick_reply($message, $subject, $forum_id, $topic_id, $user_id) 
Leave out the $user_id if you want to post it as the user who triggers the script.

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:19 am

SyntaxError90 wrote:Zephr is something that will work for that, you need both files for it to run, just make sure phpbb_auth_handler.php is included before the object is created with Zephr.

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... zephyr.php
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... andler.php

To operate...

Code: Select all

include('phpbb_auth_handler.php');
include('class_zephyr.php');

$bot = new zephr();

// Post topic
$bot->quick_topic($message, $subject, $forum_id, $user_id)

// Post reply
$bot->quick_reply($message, $subject, $forum_id, $topic_id, $user_id) 
Leave out the $user_id if you want to post it as the user who triggers the script.

Doesn't work, I tried it a while ago.
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

Desdenova
Registered User
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: Post As

Post by Desdenova » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 am

Dam-ien wrote:
SyntaxError90 wrote:Zephr is something that will work for that, you need both files for it to run, just make sure phpbb_auth_handler.php is included before the object is created with Zephr.

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... zephyr.php
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... andler.php

To operate...

Code: Select all

include('phpbb_auth_handler.php');
include('class_zephyr.php');

$bot = new zephr();

// Post topic
$bot->quick_topic($message, $subject, $forum_id, $user_id)

// Post reply
$bot->quick_reply($message, $subject, $forum_id, $topic_id, $user_id)  
Leave out the $user_id if you want to post it as the user who triggers the script.

Doesn't work, I tried it a while ago.
How did it not work? That's so vague, it could possibly be PEBKAC for all we know.

Also, the class name in that snippet is incorrect. That should be

Code: Select all

$bot = new zephyr(); 
and not

Code: Select all

$bot = new zephr(); 

User avatar
..::House::..
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 am

Re: Post As

Post by ..::House::.. » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:05 am

Desdenova wrote:
Dam-ien wrote:
SyntaxError90 wrote:Zephr is something that will work for that, you need both files for it to run, just make sure phpbb_auth_handler.php is included before the object is created with Zephr.

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... zephyr.php
http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/phpbbmodde ... andler.php

To operate...

Code: Select all

include('phpbb_auth_handler.php');
include('class_zephyr.php');

$bot = new zephr();

// Post topic
$bot->quick_topic($message, $subject, $forum_id, $user_id)

// Post reply
$bot->quick_reply($message, $subject, $forum_id, $topic_id, $user_id)  
Leave out the $user_id if you want to post it as the user who triggers the script.

Doesn't work, I tried it a while ago.
How did it not work? That's so vague, it could possibly be PEBKAC for all we know.

Also, the class name in that snippet is incorrect. That should be

Code: Select all

$bot = new zephyr(); 
and not

Code: Select all

$bot = new zephr(); 
Could you post the full code(s) in a code bbcode so i can try again? I might have done something wrong.
GoogleSupport Request GeneratorNo Support via PMFirefox Download

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”