Is there a mod for persistent trolls?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
jibstar

Is there a mod for persistent trolls?

Post by jibstar »

I'm wondering if there is which a mod which would help me deal with persistent trolls who keep re-registering under differet names and different IP's, i've tried installing Troll MOD on my 3.0.5. but its not showing up on my ACP.

Is their any other MODs out there that can help? I'm getting pretty desperate.
sixtvs

Re: Is there a mod for persistent trolls?

Post by sixtvs »

A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages on a forum. That means that they are human users who just want to post messed up messages. having said that, the only way you can do is ban them one by one. But it does get frustrating. So make sure that they are "trolling" and are not bots just spamming up your board. If they are bots, you can use one of several MODS on the Mods data base.
People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to fight for them!
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

The Troll MOD is probably your best bet in this situation. If you're having problems with its installation, feel free to PM me with the details and I'll see if I can help (as the MOD topic here is locked, and the one @ phpBBModders is not for general MOD support).
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
jibstar

Post by jibstar »

Ok I've sent you a PM Dell...
superj707

Post by superj707 »

can we link something here? I also want to know how to stop trolls and PM's to the OP doesn't help the rest of us. thanks.
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

The download for the Troll MOD the OP mentioned is in the first post of this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=813545
The OP's PM concerned installation problems, not where to find the MOD :)
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”