Limit Topics per User (Forum-Based)

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
updown

Limit Topics per User (Forum-Based)

Post by updown »

I need a modification that may allow a

limitation of topics a user can start

in specific forums.

example: imagine you have a forum like "New Members" where all new members introduce themselves after registration. I simply want to allow them to start just one topic there.

Any support on this is appreciated.
mtrs

Re: Limit Topics per User (Forum-Based)

Post by mtrs »

updown wrote:example: imagine you have a forum like "New Members" where all new members introduce themselves after registration. I simply want to allow them to start just one topic there.
You can do this with Auto Groups mod.
Say you have Introductions forum Registered Users can start topics, but, after starting a topic with the first post by that user, you can add that user to another group which cannot start any topics in Introduction forum.
I abandoned all of my mods.
updown

Post by updown »

mtrs wrote:You can do this with Auto Groups mod.
Say you have Introductions forum Registered Users can start topics, but, after starting a topic with the first post by that user, you can add that user to another group which cannot start any topics in Introduction forum.
Thank for the hint, I already thought about that. The problem is: i don't want to force users to write their first topic in a specific forum, I just want to make sure, IF they start a topic there, they do it only once. To do this with groups, you'll need to have the pronounced 3.2.x feature of grouping on individual-specified events - but also then you'd need a whole bunch of (unnecessary) groups if you have several forums with different topic-limitations.

So it came to this MOD-Request - it's the easiest and most flexible solution to make this forum-based and not group-managed.
updown

Post by updown »

Just want to leave a message that I've done it on my own.

If a MOD-Author is interested in the coding to pack this as an official MOD, feel free to contact me.
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

updown, hopefully you are still subscribed to this topic and will receive notification (can't PM you).

I am interested in your coding and what you did.
updown

Post by updown »

I'm sorry, this is too long ago to remember and I don't have a step-by-step guide since my boards are extremely modded, also my spare-time is very limited at the moment.

so please keep up this Mod-request, perhaps someone else is able to bring it to RC
Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW »

Thanks for replying.

For future reference, there is code posted that allows limits posts per day http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1903695
kenno

Post by kenno »

Is there a mod already? Cannot find it though..

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”