Limit Specific Users Posting Per Day

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
gfonseca

Limit Specific Users Posting Per Day

Post by gfonseca »

I've searched phpbb.com and other forums, but I can't seem to find a MOD that fits this need. On my board I have certain people (not spammers, I know them) who post entirely too much and I want a way to limit the number of posts they can make per day (or week, or whatever). I know flood interval works, but that affects everyone, not just the specific users that I want this assigned to.

Any ideas? Help?

Bogey

Re: Limit Specific Users Posting Per Day

Post by Bogey »

Could a mod please remove this post?

gfonseca

Post by gfonseca »

Why? Does this feature already exist and I'm just missing it?

Bogey

Post by Bogey »

gfonseca wrote:Why? Does this feature already exist and I'm just missing it?
No lol, I meant if a mod could remove my post... sorry about the way it sounded :D

RobinSEA

Post by RobinSEA »

I need one of these too! I just posted that a few hours ago... Hopefully someone will come to the rescue!

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

There is a partially finished beta here and the author invites someone to finish it off. It is a very good idea!

Some boards have awful problems with unrestrained ‘swamping.’ I know of one board where a single member chalked up 27,000 posts over several years. Other members get discouraged from posting when they see theirs drowned in a welter of replies from a few members who dominate the board.

Incidentally, I think a mod like this would need to differentiate between new topics and replies. For example a member (or group) may be allowed 10 replies per day but only one new topic per day.

Gideon

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”