Login Security Question

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
angeljs

Login Security Question

Post by angeljs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi, I've made a search and can't find anything like this, but I'm wondering if there's a mod, or if one could be developed, that enables an admin to set an extra text question before a member can login, and to have the ability to change it as often as the admin wants. e.g.

Username
Password
Security question

I'm wanting to setup up a forum just for family and friends, and it would be very handy to setup security questions that only these would know the answers to, before they can even login, and to be able to change the question and answer periodically.

Just a thought :mrgreen:

updown

Re: Login Security Question

Post by updown » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Your idea is interesting, but from a logical point of view it's hard for me to fully understand where's the benefit of such kind of "double password" at a login. Socially hacking two weak passwords is much easier than bruteforcing a single hard one - and from a security view, there is no need to implement something like that, since phpBB has everything for making your board as secure as it needs to be.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”