[Complete] User Created Groups.

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
arrow816
Name: Steven Costello

[Complete] User Created Groups.

Post by arrow816 »

This has been made in to a mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1847275

Ok what i want is a mod where users can create their own groups, and that group can have a profile that shows, group motto, group avatar,members of the groups. also a place where people can leave comments, and the Founder of the group can post news articles that will show on the top of the group profile page. Also i would like it so on a user profile it will show what group that user is in, and of they are just a member or if they are Founder of the group. Is this possible?

If you need more explanation please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve C
Last edited by arrow816 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
updown

Re: User Created Groups.

Post by updown »

this kind of vbulletin-feature is also something i'd like to have

This surely is an advanced mod, but maybe someone able to do such a modification will develop it when enough users subscribe here...

you've got my support for this

+1
arrow816

Re: User Created Groups.

Post by arrow816 »

Sweet thank. :D
ijhtio

Re: [REQUEST] User Created Groups.

Post by ijhtio »

mine too.

I would like to have such mod if available.
regards,
ijhtio
superj707

Post by superj707 »

add me to the list.... AWEEEEEEEEESOME idea.
totally need a mod for this.
Great idea.

10 cheers for whoever comes up with this first. WOOT WOOT.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You could probably give the "Can Manage Groups" and "Can add new groups" admin permissions to your registered users. Just make sure your permissions groups are marked "Founder manage only"
superj707

Post by superj707 »

Brf wrote:You could probably give the "Can Manage Groups" and "Can add new groups" admin permissions to your registered users. Just make sure your permissions groups are marked "Founder manage only"
interesting idea and perhaps a good place to start but I am looking for a little more integration.

I would like the group to only show for friends and be linked from inside the profiles. such as a myspace, facebook style thing.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Groups are already linked to profiles, and hidden groups are only visible to members.
arrow816

Post by arrow816 »

I would like it so any User can Create a Group, and i dont want to give All my users ADMIN Permissions. So this as a full mod would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve C
updown

Post by updown »

Brf wrote:You could probably give the "Can Manage Groups" and "Can add new groups" admin permissions to your registered users.
Brf, I already thought so first. But check out the corresponding vbulletin-feature and you'll see, that these kind "private groups" or "interest communities" have many advantages on a normal user level. I think that starting with and expanding the existing group-management would be the easiest way to make such a MOD.

Extending the a_-rights with u_-rights for "private groups" is a first step. These are special groups for special interests, this has nothing to do with overall-groups defined by admins in the current way.

These additional features would be nice in such a MOD:
- Users can create "personal groups" (different to "overall groups" defined in the acp), they are the "Creator"
- "Creators" automatically are "Owners" and "Leaders" of the group the created
- "Owners" can transfer their private groups to another user, who will be the new "Owner" of the group
- "Owners" can define a "Leader" for managing the group
- Listing of all personal groups, extended UCP, extended meberlist_view, etc.
(to be continued...)
superj707

Post by superj707 »

updown wrote:
Brf wrote:You could probably give the "Can Manage Groups" and "Can add new groups" admin permissions to your registered users.
Brf, I already thought so first. But check out the corresponding vbulletin-feature and you'll see, that these kind "private groups" or "interest communities" have many advantages on a normal user level. I think that starting with and expanding the existing group-management would be the easiest way to make such a MOD.

Extending the a_-rights with u_-rights for "private groups" is a first step. These are special groups for special interests, this has nothing to do with overall-groups defined by admins in the current way.

These additional features would be nice in such a MOD:
- Users can create "personal groups" (different to "overall groups" defined in the acp), they are the "Creator"
- "Creators" automatically are "Owners" and "Leaders" of the group the created
- "Owners" can transfer their private groups to another user, who will be the new "Owner" of the group
- "Owners" can define a "Leader" for managing the group
- Listing of all personal groups, extended UCP, extended meberlist_view, etc.
(to be continued...)

I love where you are going with this.
arrow816

Post by arrow816 »

Please can some one Please come make this mod?
togbish

Post by togbish »

Any headway with this? It has been quite a while. A growing number of us will appreciate this addition to our forums. :)
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

[BETA] Ultimate Board Clubs 1.0.2

in beta stage, so might be better if you don't install on a live forum just yet.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
arrow816

Post by arrow816 »

Wow, Thanks. I have to try this when I get home.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”