[-Handyman's-] Ajax Chat

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
noob5

[-Handyman's-] Ajax Chat

Post by noob5 »

I'm a huge Vbulletin designer and in their shoutbox when a user post's or creates a thread it shows up in the shoutbox with their avatar.. Well this dude asked me to design his website and he chosed PHPBB3 and he wants something similar to that.. Well, Ive tried every possible way and the board keeps crashing.. so I'm wondering how would I go about doing this?

I tried adding the forum code to the shoutbox underneath the post.. it worked for a second then it stopped working till i refeshed it.. I was wanting to make a mod for this but idk what im doing wrong
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [-Handyman's-] Ajax Chat

Post by Brf »

If you are having problems with a Mod, you have to ask your question as a reply to that mod's support topic.
noob5

Post by noob5 »

Brf wrote:If you are having problems with a Mod, you have to ask your question as a reply to that mod's support topic.
lol this aint a problem.. im actually trying to build a mod for other people to use too... its a mod that will go into the chatbox so when someone post's a reply to a topic it'll say "****** replied to : where this goes" or ****** has created a new thread : Where that go"

somethin that actually got my site alot more active...
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

So you are asking for an addon to an unreleased mod?
You are still best off asking in that mod's support topic.
noob5

Post by noob5 »

Brf wrote:So you are asking for an addon to an unreleased mod?
You are still best off asking in that mod's support topic.
oh ok... thanks!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

you would have to get the entry into the chat table via the submit_post function found within includes/functions_posting.php.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”