Facebook like button

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
keitzy

Facebook like button

Post by keitzy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 am

Just wondering how hard would it be to incorporate something like facebooks like button into phpBB3.
Searched the mod section with no results for the like button.

Link to the like button on svmods
http://svmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17
Last edited by keitzy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosdi

Re: Facebook like button

Post by rosdi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah, I also looking on how to add FaceBook Profile during registration. User can edit in their UCP and Admin at ACP. Can view in profile and clickable to transfer to user profile in the FaceBook. Just like MSN or YIM button.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:07 pm

MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

laurieh

Post by laurieh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm

If the OP is looking for the sort of thing I'm looking for, they mean a button that let's you "like" individual posts inside of a thread. Does something like this exist?

VorowneTSG

Post by VorowneTSG » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

I am also very interested to know if anyone is working on a "like" button for individual posts, similar to Facebook's "like" function (but unrelated to the actual Facebook.com).

GeorgeCurious

Post by GeorgeCurious » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 am

I am EXTREMELY interested and have searched in vain for months to find a way to incorporate a "Like It Button" for posts.

It could be just for the first post of the thread, like in a WIP's forum. So that people can just click they like it, without having to say anything. Sometimes 20 views and no one posts because they don't want to say "cool"... so they just don't bother posting at all...

It would make the artist who posted feel better if there were some "likes" under that post.

If anyone can point me to even where to BEGIN writing a mod like this myself if it does not already exist, I would be greatly appreciative. :!:

Skinny Vinny

Post by Skinny Vinny » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:16 pm

I can't do this right this second, but it would be a really nice addition.
I can see most of it already: I'll probably throw it together this week.

VorowneTSG

Post by VorowneTSG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 am

That would be amazing. Thank you Skinny Vinny!

GeorgeCurious

Post by GeorgeCurious » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm

SkinnyVinny,
any luck/word?
I would click "LIKE" a HUNDRED TIMES on your post if you created a mod like this. :D

TanserMan

Post by TanserMan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:18 pm

This would be fantastic, I have seen similar mods that could be adapted to this I.E. the thanks mod.

Is this in development or will this not be done now?

Would be fantastic on my forums.

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a "like Button" also. I hope the development has nt been put off by a lack of interest. I think it would be a great addition to my site and many others.

Ed

w00t!

Post by w00t! » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:58 pm

There's a mod called Thanks For Posts... it actually has the same premise than Facebook's "I like this comment" function. And you can actually change it to: "I like this" or anything else you want if you modify the 'thanks_mod.php' file that contains these phrases. You can have a button or simply a link (if you prefer so) that is present in each user's post. Once you click it, it'll appear at the bottom of the post X user likes this post/x user, y user, etc. like this post. You just have to mess around with it a bit and it'll work!

Thanks For Posts

GeorgeCurious

Post by GeorgeCurious » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 am

Thank you, woot, I'm looking into it now!

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 pm

The "Thanks for the Post" MOD works fine as a replacement for the Facebook Likes application. Once you install the MOD, you will need to edit a php file. The text that appears on the items and lists can be modified by editing the root\language\en\mods\thanks_mod.php file. The words that appear on the right side of the array. Replace the text of thanks and gratitutes with likes and liked in the list. You might want to check your verb tenses when you view it on the BBS.

soumik

Post by soumik » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 am