Multiple authors

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
simvader

Multiple authors

Post by simvader »

I am seeking for something, where the first poster can add multiple authors who will get the right to edit the first posts.

why?

Because when a topic is insanely popular, just one person can't handle updating the first post anymore :P

Regards,
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Multiple authors

Post by Oyabun1 »

Not sure why you would want to be editing the first post multiple times for. If people have already replied it can make their posts nonsensical.

However, if you have a reason to do that then maybe these topics could all be put in the same forum or a couple of forums and then you just have more moderators for those forums (who would have a permission to edit posts). That way you would have more control over who had a right to edit other people's posts rather than putting that responsibility on the original poster.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
simvader

Post by simvader »

So a dozen of forums then? Example:

I have a forum: Called Sony Entertainment, (logical here get things about Sony discussed, like the PS3 and its news). There is a thread named: Folding@home, (you connect your ps3, to a network, who will be doing calculations, to make a cure for cancer). But because there are so many people working with us. It gets messy most of the times. Updates are forgotten and so on). The first post is the most important one, since here are all the results. But the topic starter cant update these alone anymore.

Giving the people a choice to share the first topic with multiple other people, is way better making a dozens forums, with just one topic in it.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Someone may be willing to create a MOD for this, but I think it has limited application.

I still think you could gain a similar functionality by creating a group of moderators (simple moderators) for those forums, with the permissions altered so that their only additional permission is to edit posts.

You then assign all or just some as moderators of each forum and they will then be able to edit the first post. If, later, you also want to give them additional permissions, such as, moving, merging, or deleting posts, that could be easily done by just altering the permissions for that group.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
Lastpost

Post by Lastpost »

I would like to see this to.
We have a lot of topics where they update the opening post.
Some want to add the latest news about something, other people want to add links or just add/delete members for a meeting where the list updates are done at the opening post.

So I'm also hoping that someone want's to do it. :lol:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”