Howto make a forum where users can only view their own topic

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
neurotik

Howto make a forum where users can only view their own topic

Post by neurotik »

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in another thread somewhere on the forums (I'm sure it has), but I couldn't seem to get any solid search results when I was looking around.

I was wondering how I could create a forum and then set up the permissions so that normal registered users could see the forum name and also enter the forum, but they would not see any of the threads that have been posted in the forum except for the threads they created themselves. If they had not yet created any threads, they would simply enter the forum and it would appear empty, with the option to create a new topic.

I'm working on setting up a new set of forums for a gaming team that I am a part of and I wanted to do this for our recruitment forum. This way anyone who is interested in submitting an application to us could see the recruitment forum and post their application so we can see it, but they would be unable to view other peoples' applications that were created in the same forum, for privacy purposes.

I've seen this done on other gaming/guild websites using phpBB, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the permissions that are built in to the forums. Am I missing something or are these other sites using some sort of MOD or hack to achieve these results?

I am using phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
N
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Howto make a forum where users can only view their own t

Post by Phil »

That will require a MOD -- something like this should do.

Additionally, moving to MOD Requests.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”