ACP custom look

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
Locked
caghan
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

ACP custom look

Post by caghan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 am

hi guys im running the PS3 theme on my forum and wanted to know if i can change the ACP to look similar to it. the ACP looks like the prosilver and also if i could put my own logo where the phpbb is or next to that one.

User avatar
Boardtalk.net
Registered User
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: Ireland
Name: Colette
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by Boardtalk.net » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Am I right in asking that you want to theme up the Administration Control Panel? :shock:

caghan
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Re: ACP custom look

Post by caghan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Boardtalk.net wrote:Am I right in asking that you want to theme up the Administration Control Panel? :shock:
yes sir thats right. i am building a project and consistency is the key in my case. if it was for me i wouldnt bother but yea. a theme so the ACP looks consistent as my PS3 theme

surfer247
Registered User
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:41 am
Location: University of Florida
Name: Todd
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by surfer247 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't think these exist, but you could always try and copy the style sheet from the theme to the theme folder for the ACP. That could take care of a lot of the differences in look. But to make it look completely the same, you'd have to go through and change each page.
Come visit me at Toddred.com!

User avatar
Boardtalk.net
Registered User
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: Ireland
Name: Colette
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by Boardtalk.net » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I see someone asked this before, here's the link: Re: How to change the style in ACP
And this is a reply;
prototech wrote:There aren't any ACP styles out there because it's not meant to be changed. Reason for that is because it's the central control system for the whole board and as such it should always be up-to-date and not be affected by something that can easily prevent you from performing administrative tasks if there's an error within the code.
sorry :(

caghan
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Re: ACP custom look

Post by caghan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Boardtalk.net wrote:I see someone asked this before, here's the link: Re: How to change the style in ACP
And this is a reply;
prototech wrote:There aren't any ACP styles out there because it's not meant to be changed. Reason for that is because it's the central control system for the whole board and as such it should always be up-to-date and not be affected by something that can easily prevent you from performing administrative tasks if there's an error within the code.
sorry :(
well thank you boardtalk but damn that answer was colldddd. its weird coz there is so many things you can change but cant change the Background color and the logo in the ACP.

again thank you veryyy much. till the next question i bid you farewell.

marian0810
Former Team Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Marian
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by marian0810 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

caghan wrote:but cant change the Background color and the logo in the ACP.
Ofcourse you can. That's hardly a different style, and very easy to do. You can change the colors in adm/style/admin.css and replace the existing phpbb_logo.gif in adm/images with your own.
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

User avatar
Boardtalk.net
Registered User
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: Ireland
Name: Colette
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by Boardtalk.net » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 pm

caghan wrote:well thank you boardtalk but damn that answer was colldddd. its weird coz there is so many things you can change but cant change the Background color and the logo in the ACP.

again thank you veryyy much. till the next question i bid you farewell.
You think my answer was cold? Didn’t intend it to be that way as I was only trying to help you out a bit. You should get use to the way people post here, some are friendly and other’s are very factual.

Anyway, Marina has a good suggestion and I genuinely wish you luck with your project.

Oh, and toughen up a bit would yea :lol: .

marian0810
Former Team Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Marian
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by marian0810 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Boardtalk.net wrote:
caghan wrote:well thank you boardtalk but damn that answer was colldddd.
You think my answer was cold?
I think he meant the one you quoted.
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

User avatar
Boardtalk.net
Registered User
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: Ireland
Name: Colette
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by Boardtalk.net » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:55 pm

marian0810 wrote:
Boardtalk.net wrote:
caghan wrote:well thank you boardtalk but damn that answer was colldddd.
You think my answer was cold?
I think he meant the one you quoted.
Phew, I was starting to get worried in case he though I was being rude. Hope your keeping well Marian.

Thanks ;)

caghan
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Re: ACP custom look

Post by caghan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:19 pm

hey Boardtalk nahhhh i didnt think your answer was cold lol i do appreciate your input you helped me with my previous question and i have been browsing your forum for a while it helped me a fair bit :)


anyway i will try to modify the files you mentioned i will post back with the results. thanks for all the help ;)

User avatar
Boardtalk.net
Registered User
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Location: Ireland
Name: Colette
Contact:

Re: ACP custom look

Post by Boardtalk.net » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Caghan,
Ah good… silly me eh? :oops: Lol

Delighted you found the boardtalk forum a help, it’s a bit scattered with stuff and must organise it better. I was using it as a testing ground for mods etc and would post stuff I found around the place I though interesting. Its my little note book :lol:

Take care
;)

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”