Yet another Blog - new blog post from forum post

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
cherryaa

Yet another Blog - new blog post from forum post

Post by cherryaa » Mon May 17, 2010 2:48 pm

I think what I'm looking for is less fully-featured than the Blog mods already underway. Please can you advise?

I only need one blog for the site, it's a news update site for a single project.
I'm hoping to:
[1] Have the option, when posting, to create a new blog entry (or page) with the posts' content.
[2] Make the blog post link to the relevant forum topic.
[3] Show extracts from any topic replies on the blog page. I assume I can do this with the RSS feed?

If somebody has already done this, I apologise and would welcome a pointer!

If they haven't yet, I'm willing to have a go. I could use some help.
I'll need to know how, exactly, posts are stored and retrieved from the mySQL tables, as I'll have to use the same data when creating new tables for the blog entries. I can't even figure out how the urls are created :?

imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: Yet another Blog - new blog post from forum post

Post by imkingdavid » Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, I think that all of the current Blog MODs are a bit more involved than what you're looking for, as you mentioned.

As of now, I'm not aware of simpler blog MOD that does what you say. If you start a new development topic in the MODs in Development forum, you can ask for help there, or you can just ask in the MOD Authors Discussion area as well.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

cherryaa

Re: Yet another Blog - new blog post from forum post

Post by cherryaa » Tue May 18, 2010 12:29 am

OK, will do. Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”