Help about "mode=leaders"

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
fitore

Help about "mode=leaders"

Post by fitore »

When we go to the team page or (http://www.phpbb.com/community/memberli ... de=leaders) we see just two groups Administrators and Moderators so my question is:

If we create a group for example called VIP how to show that group and the members in that group in the team page but not in the list of Administrators or moderators but in a different one.

Thank you.
Drummer

Re: Help about "mode=leaders"

Post by Drummer »

The Team page is an alias for Administrators and Moderators. It lists everyone who has any a_ or m_ permission and, in the case of m_, in which forums the user has the permissions. You would have to edit memberlist.php to show users without administration/moderation power.

Edit
It has nothing to do with groups. You will be listed there if you have any a_ or m_ permission yourself or if you inherit it from any group you're member.
fitore

Post by fitore »

so how can i make to show other groups there? What do i need to edit?
fitore

Post by fitore »

So does it exist any way to do like in vbulletin:

Code: Select all

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showgroups.php
I really need this i hope somebody will help me to find a way to do like this :S
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

The leaders mode is based on permissions. If you want to show a list of membership I suggest you to add a new mode, let's say showgroups (ha!) to memberlist.php.
group_memberships() is almost everything you need.
fitore

Post by fitore »

Drummer wrote:The leaders mode is based on permissions. If you want to show a list of membership I suggest you to add a new mode, let's say showgroups (ha!) to memberlist.php.
group_memberships() is almost everything you need.
I am new to phpbb and php so could you please tell me what line to edit in memberlist.php? What code to add or anything else that would help a newbie like me :)
Thnx for your time helping me :)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Drummer wrote: It lists everyone who has any a_ or m_ permission
No it does not.
If shows everyone in the default Administrators usergroup and everyone else with moderator permissions.
Haldirman

Post by Haldirman »

Try this MOD: Add groups in teampage.
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

Brf wrote:
Drummer wrote: It lists everyone who has any a_ or m_ permission
No it does not.
If shows everyone in the default Administrators usergroup and everyone else with moderator permissions.
Idd. My fault :$
Well... if it's not too much off topic... why does it call $auth->acl_get_list() for a_ and then remove those ones that are not members of Administrators instead of just calling group_membership()?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I do not know why the code looks like that....
This line looks pretty strange

$admin_memberships = group_memberships($admin_group_id, $admin_id_ary);
At that point in the code, $admin_group_id is the ID of the Administrators group and $admin_id_ary is the list of all users with admin permissions.
It should return the list of members of the Administrators who actually have admin permissions, which seems redundant.

Further down in the code, it drops any of the admins who are not members of Administrators.
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

Brf wrote:I do not know why the code looks like that....
This line looks pretty strange

$admin_memberships = group_memberships($admin_group_id, $admin_id_ary);
At that point in the code, $admin_group_id is the ID of the Administrators group and $admin_id_ary is the list of all users with admin permissions.
It should return the list of members of the Administrators who actually have admin permissions, which seems redundant.

Further down in the code, it drops any of the admins who are not members of Administrators.
Now that you said... maybe it's there to make sure the team page won't show the Administrators members if an _smart_ admin removes its administrative permissions. :p
fitore

Post by fitore »

Haldirman wrote:Try this MOD: Add groups in teampage.
The links there to download aren't working, does somebody has that mod in their computer? I also tried to send a private message to Ashley.S. or stansmet but due to my small number op posts i can send only to staff private messages.:S
Haldirman

Post by Haldirman »

Sorry about that, I forgot to check the link :oops: .

I found the MOD in my pc: Download.
fitore

Post by fitore »

i installed this mod and now the groups are there, but is it any way to make this mod to work for the defaults Administrators and Moderators groups. I tried to enable show this group in teampage or disable but they are always there no metter what you checkbox to the mod.
So is it any way to don't show them on the teampage?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”