Phpbb Garage

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
{S'PORT}_Skillz

Phpbb Garage

Post by {S'PORT}_Skillz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Is their any other garage modifications for Phpbb3 other than the one designed by www.phpbbgarage.com? I only ask because I'm not too happy with the way the new version of this modification has taken since the first release for Phpbb2. Also the author of the mod doesn't seem to work on it anymore, so is their anyone else working on a similar modification right now?

ProtoGT

Re: Phpbb Garage

Post by ProtoGT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm actually fixing most of the problems within the actual coding on my own site, I've still got a few more things to do to it.

{S'PORT}_Skillz

Post by {S'PORT}_Skillz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm not too concerned with the problems, as I got it working on my site just fine I'm just not happy with the way it works now. You have to approve almost every modification people want to add, unlike the old setup (Version for Phpbb2)

So if you want to add a new JLT intake to your 2003 Cobra, you have to have "JLT" approved before it can be added and then you'll have to select "JLT" from the drop down menu. They have too many "drop down menu" choices. It should be

Category - Drop down menu to choose from the available categories
Manufacturer - Text box to enter who makes it (does not need approval)
Product - Text box to enter what the product is (does not need approval)
Purchased from - Drop down menu from available vendors, can be skipped
Price - text box to enter price
Installed by - should not be a requirement, most people who modify cars usually do the work themselves...

It just so much work from both the administration and the end user to have a new modification added, that no one uses the garage anymore.

trickoff

Post by trickoff » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

I agree! I would like to use the garage mod for something completely different than cars, but as you said. There are too many approvals.

ProtoGT

Post by ProtoGT » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Does anyone know if there is anyone else working to finish the project or something close to it?

{S'PORT}_Skillz

Post by {S'PORT}_Skillz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 pm

As far as I know, nothing. I don't even think the original author has done any work on it in the past year. I believe he is wanting/needing a CSS programmer to help him continue development with it.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I have asked for the MOD topic to be re-opened. I am going to give it one final try to get 2.0 finished :)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 pm

FYI .. Also all approval are a option in the ACP. I do not believe there is a single forced approval that can not be changed in ACP.

FlexyClown

Post by FlexyClown » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Excellent news! Welcome back to the coding ;-)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”