Building a bridge between software

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
jyco

Building a bridge between software

Post by jyco »

Hi,

I'm starting a site and as part of it i wanted to use phpbb3 as a support forum, How would you go about building a bridge between the two, As in, If a member registers at the main site, They are then registered at the forum, The only thing i know is that the scripts have to share the same database, Any help would be great or a point in the right direction.

All the best
Ather
Name: Ather Akber

Re: Building a bridge between software

Post by Ather »

CPL Syed Ather Akbar
Regional Command Southwest
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan

My Mods/Snippets
Truemedia

Post by Truemedia »

I can recommend a few options just depends, what is the other software your using?
PM me about any topics I have made if you have any questions about them. I'm available for paid hire on creating mods and styles for phpBB, or configuration/installation - PM for quote
Other open source project forums I'm on: Area51
jyco

Post by jyco »

Hi,

Esvon classifieds.

Thank you
Truemedia

Post by Truemedia »

Well JFusion is out of the question (you need joomla for that) or modifying an existing external registration script.

I would suggest if your brave enough look into the code where the integrations need to take place exactly for both registration/login/logout on both software and add code to access an external function that deals with adding the data to the database instead of the native defaults for both software.

Might be hard to accomplish without a lot of modification unless you use a restore tool when updating. If you are not prepared to code it yourself you could always hire someone, ;).
PM me about any topics I have made if you have any questions about them. I'm available for paid hire on creating mods and styles for phpBB, or configuration/installation - PM for quote
jyco

Post by jyco »

Thanks for the info, The script i use is encrypted by zend, Some files are open to change, The company i got script from did a bridge a few years ago for phpbb2 but i think for them to build a new one for phpbb3 would cost a fair bit, I really wanted to keep the logins & registration the same but will maybe just see how i get on, Might be worth asking esvon if they could do a updated bridge just to see how much.

Thank you all for the reply.
Truemedia

Post by Truemedia »

Well i could do it for you, but I would have to do a little research on your software first. PM if you would consider it.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”