"Force reactivation" for all users.

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
robra

"Force reactivation" for all users.

Post by robra » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm

I saw on ACP, in Manage users, the option "Force reactivation" in Basic tools>>Quick tools.
When I clicked in "Send" the user received an email with the link for reactivation the account, and in "ACP" this user account was to inactive list waiting the reactivation by user. Okay ?
Well... Once every year, I want to use "Force reactivation" for all users but I don't have condition to do it for 1000 users, one bye one, and I would like to use that option only once for all users.
Doesn't exist any MOD to do that ?

Thank you.
Last edited by robra on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Re: "Force reactivation" for all users.

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Hello,
you can do it with a SQL statement e.g. in phpMyAdmin. But before make a full backup of your board!

Look which user details are changed for one example user. And then create the statement. You should select them by user_type = user (default - not founder).

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

robra

Post by robra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi, Martin.

Sorry, but I didn't understand.
I accessed the SQL by phpMyAdmin and I entered in phpbb_users. Okay ?
The users registered are user_type=0. Okay ?
What do I do now?

Thanks

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Hello,
got to your ACP and set one (test) user for reactivation. Compare the USERS_TABLE entry for this user before and after reactivation.
Complete the ractivation for the (test) user.
Then do the changes again with phpMyAdmin. phpMyAdmin will display you a SQL statement for this user. Now you just need to customize this statement to force reactivation for all users and run it.

Don't forget the backup! To be sure disable your board for a while.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 pm

You cannot send the re-activation Emails by executing a SQL statement.

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Hello Brf,
oh yes, that's true!
Sorry!

But they will get a detailed message displayed if they will try to login to the board and then they can resend the activation email.

Bye Martin
My MODs

robra

Post by robra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Well... summarizing, I cannot send "Force reactivation" once only for all users. Rigth ?
I'm not a programmer but is it so difficult in ACP>>Users and Groups>>Groups>>Manage groups and in "Members" of registered groups, create "Force reactivation" as an option ?
So, I could select all registered users, to select the option "Force reactivation" and to click on submit button. After that, all registered users would be inactives and would receiving an e-mail asking them to reactivate their registers.(sorry for my bad english).

Thanks

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Hello robra,
I think this feature is a very important feature and should be added to the phpBB core package.

I will keep it in mind. Perhaps I will add it to the Advanced Double Activation Pack, but not tomorrow, either in some months.

Bye Martin
My MODs

robra

Post by robra » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:27 am

Okay, Martin... no problems.
If I cannot help with the development, I'm happy to help with a good idea, at least.

Thank you. :D

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 am

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:I think this feature is a very important feature and should be added to the phpBB core package.
I disagree, I can't imagine that this would be a feature used by more than a handful of people. I can't think of a valid reason why anyone would want to force all members to reactivate each year. Inactive members, possibly, but all members? I would think most boards are looking for ways to retain members, not for ways to reduce membership.

Something like this MOD, User Reminder, is more useful. It provides the means to send reminders to inactive members and also allows banning of those that do not respond.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:08 am

Hello,
if the board has been hacked and the user data has been stolen.
Password are stored MD5 encrypted. But there are databases of MD5 encrypted values and the original values.
Here I see the main importance of this feature.

Bye Martin
My MODs

robra

Post by robra » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:Hello,
if the board has been hacked and the user data has been stolen.
Password are stored MD5 encrypted. But there are databases of MD5 encrypted values and the original values.
Here I see the main importance of this feature.

Bye Martin
Hi Martin.
Excelent explanation and it is another reason to create "Force reactivation" for all users registered, because when I suggested to create that, I was thinking on real necessity that the FÓRUM has.
I will explain:
I created a FORUM only to one professional group for email account @domain.org. Okay ?
On begin of each year only, many professional are hired and others fired of this Organization and many emails accounts doesn't exist anymore.
The people fired cannot access the FORUM anymore and the only way to know if they are still in Organization is to send the email with the reativation link to all users registered.
Who is still in the Organization still have the email account @domain.org too and could receive the reactivation link.
However, who is out of Organization will no longer have the email account @domain.org and couldn't will click on reativation link, staying your register inactive on FORUM.

Did you understand me now, Oyabun1 ?

Thanks.

robra

Post by robra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:Hello robra,
I think this feature is a very important feature and should be added to the phpBB core package.

I will keep it in mind. Perhaps I will add it to the Advanced Double Activation Pack, but not tomorrow, either in some months.

Bye Martin
Hi, Martin.
Do you think that "Force Reactivate COPPA" MOD, in page http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/f ... ate_coppa/, could be used like base to create the "Force Reactication for all users" MOD ?

[ ]'s

Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello robra,
if you have COPPA enanled you could try it. But I don't have any own experience in this.

Bye Martin
My MODs

robra

Post by robra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 pm

No. COPPA is disable.
Sorry. I'm not a developer neither php programmer and I just thought that all codes php, or partial, used to "force reactivate COPPA" MOD could be used to create "force reactivation for all users" MOD.

Well... let's go ahead...

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”