Stop spams using Antispam

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
ashras99

Stop spams using Antispam

Post by ashras99 »

Hello everyone, I am using phpbb 3.0.8, from last 3 days massive spam bot registration happening in my forum.. when Captcha is enabled from long time and working fine.... i tried recaptcha, GD image but they able to pass both.

Can anyone tell me some Mod which help me to stop them on the basis of email address which is in database of Stop spam website.....

I installed ATLBL antispam but don't know how that's work and also not getting any support in the modifications forum, so waiting for some simple and good one.

Like to mention, postings are still less only 5-6 in a day but registration is more than 100 in a day. Please help.
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Re: Stop spams using Antispam

Post by Boardtalk.net »

I’ve had much the same problem and installed Sortables CAPTCHA Plugin thankfully they have stopped (so far)..

There's a lot of talk about the amount of spam of late going on in the phpBB Discussion section.

Its also worth reading Preventing Spam in phpBB 3.0.6 and Above for more tips and help.
ashras99

Post by ashras99 »

Is this not possible, that i allow 2 validations on the registration page....?

Because i install the Simple math captcha solution but now i can enable Simple math or GD Image, not both. So, after installing these captcha solution I am standing at the same position.
beggers

Post by beggers »

Have you tried this photo visual confirmation mod?

http://www.phpbbsmith.com/projects/phpb ... ation.html

The person registering must be able to select the appropriate images to continue registration. For example, if you run a sports forum you'd have several sports figures plus a couple of non-sports people. A real sports fan would be able to select the right photos. A bot from Russia wouldn't be able to get past the test.
/a3

Post by /a3 »

ashras99 wrote:Hello everyone, I am using phpbb 3.0.8, from last 3 days massive spam bot registration happening in my forum.. when Captcha is enabled from long time and working fine.... i tried recaptcha, GD image but they able to pass both.
reCAPTCHA has been broken for a while, despite their attempts to make it stronger.

I would highly recommend using the Q&A CAPTCHA or a custom profile field. Also, the MOD that Boardtalk.net works fine from what I've heard.

If you use the Q&A CAPTCHA then you might want to add more complex questions, rather than the simple ones like "what colour is the grass?" - they have reportedly been broken. Here are a few example questions:

Code: Select all

What colour is the sky at night? (black or white)
What colour is not used in the Google logo? (green, purple or yellow)
If two people enter an empty bus, how many people now occupy the bus?
etc... :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”