mod that supports wordpress integration

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
magicfun

mod that supports wordpress integration

Post by magicfun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Hello, I'm trying to find a good MOD that supports both wordpress and PHPBB3. In the past I tried wp-united, but the MOD author has abandoned it and not responded since September.

Anybody know any good alternative? I've been looking to integrate Wordpress for months... :(
Last edited by tbackoff on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from Support to MOD Requests

Jan Christensen

Re: mod that supports wordpress integration

Post by Jan Christensen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 am

What kind of trouble did you encounter using wp-united?
Jan Christensen • Danish language package author • Olympus DK Team

magicfun

Post by magicfun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:07 pm

It didn't work with the newest install of phpbb and there is no support for any errors I am receiving. Anything else out there?

Ozo

Post by Ozo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 am

It works with 3.0.8 except for the fact that you will not be able to give your members their own wp blog.
You just have to search posts here and on the main support site for already answered trouble-shooting questions.

oneeezy

Post by oneeezy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 pm

I am also looking/doing my my re-search on finding what my best option would be for phpbb/cms integration. My first choice would be wp-united but i realllly wanted to wait for v.9 to come out so it would work correct with phpbb 3.0.8

Other then that I found these 2 phpBB CMS's that might be worth looking at:

http://www.phpbbprimetime.com/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-phpbb-bridge/

I installed primetime on my test server, got it running but it has a few bugs here and there and is very hard for me to figure out in the phpbb admin section. It has a lot of potential though because it is a CMS that was made straight for phpbb, i just don't know how to make it do what i want it to do.. I havent tried wp-phpbb-bridge yet, i believe it was just released the other day.

Like I said though, wp-united seems great but i don't wont to be dealing with a lot of bugs..... I have worked with WP in the past and it is very easy to accomplish things and self explanatory. With these other CMS's we might encounter a bit of a learning curve.

My 2 cents.
http://www.phone7forum.com | Tricks, Tips, Hacks, Apps, and Games for your Windows Phone 7!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”