Notify users on moderator edit notes

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
MaLeKo

Notify users on moderator edit notes

Post by MaLeKo »

I need some hacks to automatically notify users through pm when moderators leave an edit note message in user posts. The idea is when moderators come across topics or posts that contain common posting offenses such as topics with bad subject title or posts written in all caps and others that require the poster's attention, moderators could edit the corresponding topics or posts and leave an edit note in order to inform the poster to fix his topic / post.

I don't need a complete mod, a small code hack is enough. I tried poking around the source of "notify users on warning" option but I lost between those codes :p
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Notify users on moderator edit notes

Post by Brf »

How about simply clicking the PM button? It is right there in the topic.
MaLeKo

Post by MaLeKo »

Imo, having a moderator edit message displayed in offending posts is helpful here because everyone could see it, including new members who are more prone to make posting offense.
vortexhlp

Post by vortexhlp »

This mod idea makes a lot of sense, especially for boards that are larger and require more moderation. Basically from what I'm understanding is that in the PM it would read as:

Code: Select all

//if message action is delete, removed, or edited
[b]TITLE:[/b] Your message has been {Action}, please read!
[b]MESSAGE:[/b] We would like to inform you that your message has been {Action}.
[b]Message:[/b] {URL}
[b]Moderated by:[/b] {Moderator}
[b]Reason:[/b] {Edit Reason}
[b]Time:[/b] {Date} at {time}

If you have any questions about this, please read our terms of use, and community guidelines.  If you continue to have any questions regarding this moderation, you may file a {ticket_claim} and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

message id: {message_id}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ORIGINAL MESSAGE HERE}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//IF MOVED TO A DIFFERENT CATEGORY, HANDLE THE PM DIFFERENTLY.
So basically, it takes the post information before the edit and after and submits it automatically as a PM. This also keeps a good log in the back so you can understand better on what the moderators are doing because I'm sure we've all seen some shady mods before. Edit reason just translates into the PM as the reason as well :)

That's my 2 cents
stellaj

Post by stellaj »

maybe a similar mod would work such as this one?
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/n ... tor_action

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”