[Request] Custom Fields below signature option

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
shaykana

[Request] Custom Fields below signature option

Post by shaykana » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Should an ambitious coder find the time, I would like an option added for Custom Fields. This option will allow the value of the field to appear below a user's signature in posts. Preferably without the field title and colon, just the value (Normal Example: Title: Value). Each field value should appear horizontally (side-by-each in a row), rather than vertically (in a column as they do in a profile and mini-profile).

Purpose: I've been looking and waiting for a valid Awards/Medals/Ribbons MOD (sadly, they've been abandoned). I've found I can achieve most of what I want with the Parse BBCode in Custom Fields MOD, by using the IMG tag to place an image instead of text. If I also had the option to have these Custom Fields appear below the signature in a row, then it would be just like having the Awards/Medals/Ribbons MOD.

Help with this is much appreciated. :)

Sinom
Translator

Re: [Request] Custom Fields below signature option

Post by Sinom » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello shaykana!

To remove the "Title:", you can go to \styles\YourStyle\template and open viewtopic_body.html

Find:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- END custom_fields -->
Remove:

Code: Select all

{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:
It should then look like:

It's not exactly what you asked for, but it might help you on your way :oops:

Best of luck!

Hugs :ugeek:

marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

With a little html knowledge you can put any cpf wherever you want in viewtopic or memberlist_view. There's a tutorial here: http://wiki.phpbb.com/Tutorial.Custom_profile_fields which is based on this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1&t=582444
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

shaykana

Post by shaykana » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you both! Exactly the help I needed. :D

zantetsken

Post by zantetsken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:12 pm

I wanted to add something like this to my forum, too... So, download Parse BBCode in Custom Profile Fields MOD and fiddle around with viewtopic_body.html... Sounds reasonable enough. Thanks for saving me the hassle of having to make my own topic or whatever by having the important info in one place.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”