Automatic PM to user when reached fixed post count?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
scottybt

Automatic PM to user when reached fixed post count?

Post by scottybt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a modification that sends an automatic PM to a user when reached a fixed amount of posts?

Scenario:
I've got a category that is only available when reached 10 posts, and I'd like to have an automatic PM sent to every user when reaching that post count.

- Scott

scottybt

Re: Automatic PM to user when reached fixed post count?

Post by scottybt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 am

BUMP

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Never heard of a MOD that does that specific limited function.

However, if you are willing to use emails instead of PMs then you could probably combine, Auto Groups, to place members in a group when they have reached the specified post count and, Email To User On Group Status Change, to do the notification.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Thyron

Post by Thyron » Sun May 01, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm also interested in this feature!

I have a user group VIP's and a forum called VIP-Lounge and I want to put users automatically in this group, when they reach a certain post count. I will do that with the mod "auto groups".

But it's also important to inform users about their new access rights! A private message would be better than an email, that will eventually not be read by the user before he comes back to the forum. Second, I need different notifications for each group. I think that is not possible with the mod "Email To User On Group Status Change".

I am already using the welcom pm mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... it=rank+pm

It's basically the same feature, only that pm's will be send on first login instead of a specific post count.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”