follow MOD

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Saske1
Name: Salva

follow MOD

Post by Saske1 »

Hi, I wonder if anyone can make a mod that allows a user to follow, and the user receives an email / pm every time he continued to make a post
jsoni

Re: follow MOD

Post by jsoni »

Add me too in this..
PM me for phpbb modification
Not phpbb or php master but can help you to gain my knowledge.
On your own risk :)
For graphics and animation PM me.
Forum:http://www.pixelandgrain.in/
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

me too! +1
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

Saske1 wrote:Hi, I wonder if anyone can make a mod that allows a user to follow, and the user receives an email / pm every time he continued to make a post
can you explain this a bit clearer..
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM
Corsairr

Post by Corsairr »

The answer can be found in these two topics here and here.
marian0810
Former Team Member
Name: Marian

Post by marian0810 »

If I understand the question correctly it's not about subscribing to a forum or a topic, but to another user so you get an email everytime that specific user posts something. Which is actually a great idea imho :idea:
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

marian0810 wrote:If I understand the question correctly it's not about subscribing to a forum or a topic, but to another user so you get an email everytime that specific user posts something. Which is actually a great idea imho :idea:
exactly :)
4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven »

now it is clear, thx..
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM
Saske1

Post by Saske1 »

4_seven wrote:now it is clear, thx..
going to take care of it ?¿ ;)
Sorry my bad English, I speak Spanish :roll:
marian0810 wrote:If I understand the question correctly it's not about subscribing to a forum or a topic, but to another user so you get an email everytime that specific user posts something. Which is actually a great idea imho :idea:
Thanks for clarifying the matter :lol:
Saske1

Post by Saske1 »

nobody can do this MOD ?¿ :cry:
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Keep in mind the downsides of such a MOD: in contrast to forum (only when a new topic is created) and topic subscriptions (a reply notification is only sent once - for getting more notifications you have to re-visit the topic again) this will likely increase the spam factor if you want to get a notification for each new post a user has made. The more e-mails you generate the more likely other (hoster)s will consider you as spammer. If you want to work it like "one notification and then I have to re-visit the board to get more notifications" it's one more mechanism to implement. While it's rather easy to add a link to a user's public profile saying "Follow this user" I guess you also want to have a list of all people which you follow in your UCP to be able to unfollow them all at once (instead of going to each public profile again and clicking on a "Don't follow anymore" link). Then I suspect the next wish is to a list of users which are actually following you...

It can surely be done. But it's complex (additionally to the core parts, like checking who is following the poster and actually allowed to read that post).
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.
axe70 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:52 pm
But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your.
Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are.
Saske1

Post by Saske1 »

AmigoJack wrote:Keep in mind the downsides of such a MOD: in contrast to forum (only when a new topic is created) and topic subscriptions (a reply notification is only sent once - for getting more notifications you have to re-visit the topic again) this will likely increase the spam factor if you want to get a notification for each new post a user has made. The more e-mails you generate the more likely other (hoster)s will consider you as spammer. If you want to work it like "one notification and then I have to re-visit the board to get more notifications" it's one more mechanism to implement. While it's rather easy to add a link to a user's public profile saying "Follow this user" I guess you also want to have a list of all people which you follow in your UCP to be able to unfollow them all at once (instead of going to each public profile again and clicking on a "Don't follow anymore" link). Then I suspect the next wish is to a list of users which are actually following you...

It can surely be done. But it's complex (additionally to the core parts, like checking who is following the poster and actually allowed to read that post).
In the first place, thanks for answering ;)

You could do that only inactive users, or groups X, may have the option to continue to users
And also (though this is not as needed) what you say to put a list of users who follow you, and you follow you
richey

Post by richey »

Interested, too! :)
dir82

Post by dir82 »

Hi,

I'm very interested too.

In this forum of GMAT Club they have this functionality.

In this post they explain how it works: http://gmatclub.com/forum/follow-featur ... 98491.html

It's really working GREAT, I receive a daily or weekly email with links to the post of the users I follow.

How they do that? are they using a mod or is a development they've done?

thanks
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

that is exactly what I'm looking for! Maybe we could contact the board owner and ask if they did it on their own.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”