Phpbb 2 chat for phpbb3

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Eferhilda

Phpbb 2 chat for phpbb3

Post by Eferhilda »

I am wondering if anyone could convert the simple chat that use to be integrated with phpbb2 for phpbb3.

I just want my users to be able to log into the chat and talk to one another. I don't want them to have pms or anything like that just a chat like this:

I really am just looking for something very basic and simple with as little work as possible.

Anyone can help with this. I am using mchat not on my site but its causing errors with my squl from the refreshing that it does constantly.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: Phpbb 2 chat for phpbb3

Post by Jessica »

Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Hero Factory

Post by Hero Factory »

Hello,

This chat box is not available on PhpBB now. Chat box in the picture is uses stock system. But one person can do this chat box ;)

Good forums.
Eferhilda

Post by Eferhilda »

So there is a chance that I could ask someone to make this mod specifically for me?
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Why not use a chat MOD that has already been developed for phpBB3, is validated, and maintained?

phpBB mChat comes to mind.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
noth

Post by noth »

AJAX is also a great mod http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... 127&t=8675

includes chat window on index page - holds last 25 comments but can be increased to whatever you want
Eferhilda

Post by Eferhilda »

Well I am using mchat though the mod author just closed their support forum so yeah no point in using them anymore.

I will see about paying someone to make the mod that I want. Getting the rights to it and posting it on here for other people looking for what it is that I want.
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Eferhilda wrote:Well I am using mchat though the mod author just closed their support forum so yeah no point in using them anymore.
What are you talking about? The phpBB mChat MOD that I linked to was last updated only a month ago, and the current author, RMcGirr83, was giving support a couple of days ago.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”