Enabling " Center " For Images, Etc. ?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
DitchSh!tter

Enabling " Center " For Images, Etc. ?

Post by DitchSh!tter » Sat May 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Hyah, peeps. I've read " Before Requesting a Modification " and Searched. Hundreds of results. I'm sure this is a zombie post then? But I couldn't find the original(s) :?

I'm an ordinary member of a phpBB Board who asked the admin if they could work this in. I like centring my photo's. Admin said gladly; If only they knew how. I said I'd try to find out .....

Here I am ;)

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Re: Enabling " Center " For Images, Etc. ?

Post by Tom » Sun May 22, 2011 12:40 am

They can simply create a new Custom BBCode to accomplish this, so no MOD installation is required to implement this functionality.

Tell the administrator to add a new Custom BBCode by going to the ACP => Posting tab => BBCode (on left) => and click Add a new BBCode button, then have them enter the following information into the respective fields on the page:

BBCode usage:

Code: Select all

[center]{TEXT}[/center]
HTML replacement:

<div align="center">{TEXT}</div>
Help line

Center content: [center]Your Centered Text Here[/center]
And, if they want, they can check the "Display on posting page" option to make it visible to users upon posting.

Then hit Submit and the new BBCode will be added.

Just send them the link to this thread if they need the full explanation. ;)
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

DitchSh!tter

Re: Enabling " Center " For Images, Etc. ?

Post by DitchSh!tter » Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 am

Tom; You really would appear The Man! :D Most grateful.

I'll now both copy our posts and the URL to this place to my Admin. I'm sure knowing where to find this place ~ or being pointed to it, under these circumstances, will open him and his teams eyes to a way of bettering the overall experience of the board ;)

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”