Poll with no responses

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
haggisv

Poll with no responses

Post by haggisv »

Is there is way to run a poll that only allows voting, but not responses? I suspect locking the thread may stop both posts and votes, but I only want to stop posts.
Last edited by marian0810 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to MOD Requests
AmigoJack

Re: Poll with no responses

Post by AmigoJack »

You could create a new forum and edit permissions for that one accordingly (ACP > Users and Groups > Groups > Groups’ forum permissions > Registered Users > Submit > Select a forum > Submit > Advanced Permissions > Polls > Can vote in polls > Yes > Apply permissions ...and at the same time forbid creating posts).
Last edited by AmigoJack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Or write a message in the poll post in 200 point font saying DO NOT POST REPLIES, IT'S FOR VOTING ONLY.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
haggisv

Post by haggisv »

yes fair enough... it would just seem like a nice feature to have, as it would effectively be more anonymous, as people would not feel the need to discuss their vote...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”