Auto post to Facebook and Twitter

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
gavin2812

Auto post to Facebook and Twitter

Post by gavin2812 »

Hi all,

I've done a quick search for this, but didnt find anything conclusive.

I would like every post on my forum to be posted to my Facebook page and also to Twitter.

Is there a MOD that will do this??

I am not looking for a 'share' button, as I already have this, I would like very post sent automatically to Facebook page and Twitter.

thanks in advance!
Ather
Name: Ather Akber

Re: Auto post to Facebook and Twitter

Post by Ather »

could probably hook the code with submit_post function, but the problem is both facebook and twitter require a confirmation click to post (afaik?)

edit, i've been playing with twitter's api, will have something done hopefully :idea:
CPL Syed Ather Akbar
Regional Command Southwest
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan

My Mods/Snippets
Ather
Name: Ather Akber

Post by Ather »

CPL Syed Ather Akbar
Regional Command Southwest
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan

My Mods/Snippets
eyoungren

Post by eyoungren »

There is a way to do this without a MOD at all. You may want to look at TwitterFeed.

I have an account with them for my forums. I simply gave TwitterFeed my forums RSS feed. Since the RSS feed is updated whenever there is a new post, TwitterFeed when it checks my RSS feed, sees new posts and then posts to the Facebook and Twitter accounts that I linked to it when I set up my account. You can set TwitterFeed to check at routine intervals (the minimum time is 30 mins I think). That's more than enough time for my forums.

Not instantaneous, but if you want to do this without a MOD it's an easy way to do it. Additionally, because Twitterfeed is a service it will automatically shorten the URLs for the links to the posts on FB and Twitter.
nilanko
Name: Nilanko Halder

Post by nilanko »

eyoungren wrote:There is a way to do this without a MOD at all. You may want to look at TwitterFeed.

I have an account with them for my forums. I simply gave TwitterFeed my forums RSS feed. Since the RSS feed is updated whenever there is a new post, TwitterFeed when it checks my RSS feed, sees new posts and then posts to the Facebook and Twitter accounts that I linked to it when I set up my account. You can set TwitterFeed to check at routine intervals (the minimum time is 30 mins I think). That's more than enough time for my forums.

Not instantaneous, but if you want to do this without a MOD it's an easy way to do it. Additionally, because Twitterfeed is a service it will automatically shorten the URLs for the links to the posts on FB and Twitter.
I know this is old, but I could not stop myself from thanking this guy. :D
kuri2004
Name: Christian Bouthier

Post by kuri2004 »

Hello,

I know Twitterfeed but my problem is there is no picture posted with the feed on Facebook.
Any idea to solve this? :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”