Envolve Chat - Display Avatars

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
sonofhud

Envolve Chat - Display Avatars

Post by sonofhud » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I have spent the last few days working on this and I am hoping someone with more experience will be able to assist.

The envolve chat mod was abandoned by the developers here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2113091

What I want to do is display the user's avatar instead of the default pictures. The vbulletin version has this option so I know it is possible to do with phpbb.

If someone is willing to help please post here or PM me.

eyoungren

Re: Envolve Chat - Display Avatars

Post by eyoungren » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Perhaps it's only phpBB that considers Envolve abandoned?
Seems to be pretty actively promoted there. I'm getting constant notifications from them at least (I have it on my forums).

Maybe asking here?

sonofhud

Post by sonofhud » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 am

yeah i have spoken with the creators and they are spending more time on other platforms and don't have the support for phpbb at this time. They are offering free chat to people who help develop phpbb mods for them.

sonofhud

Post by sonofhud » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 am

Still looking for help with this. Would be willing to pay for assistance.

andrew.lee

Post by andrew.lee » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi All -

I'm one of the co-founders, our phpBB mod hasn't been updated to include avatar support. We haven't updated the mod, simply because phpBB's AutoMod and other mod-architecture is difficult to work with so our (very!) limited resources are better spend on other platforms.

If you're willing to update our Mod, you're welcome to 6 months of free service (any package). Please email us at support[at]envolve[dot]com if you're interested in helping.

You can get more info on our API here: https://www.envolve.com/docs/api.html

Thanks!

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Why install an abandoned chat MOD when there is at least one active supported chat MOD in the database?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

sonofhud

Post by sonofhud » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 am

Kevin Clark wrote:Why install an abandoned chat MOD when there is at least one active supported chat MOD in the database?
Because it offers features the other ones don't such as private chat with multiple parties, multiple chat channels, and the ability to provide a chat bar across my entire site including my forum which is exactly what I was looking for. There are just some extra features such as avatars and a few other things that vbulletin has in their mod which is not in phpbb. I had emailed the founder who posted above and they basically said other platforms are more important to them, which is unfortunate.

cossielee

Post by cossielee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:39 pm

I also use Envolve and my members love it, would be even better if someone could get the avatars working :)

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm

mChat is also very good and has avatars, if that helps

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”