Email administrator when specific word / phrase is used

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
dmkc

Email administrator when specific word / phrase is used

Post by dmkc »

Hi folks,

I have a similar request to one that was made a year ago haha.

( viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2103053 )
Hello. I've been looking for this functionality everywhere (MOD database, other MOD sites, google, etc) and just can't find it, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

In short, what I need is this:
1) Forum user writes new post (doesn't matter if it's a new topic, a new post, a reply to another post/topic, whatever)
2) If this post contains one or more words or phrases from a list, email alert is sent to the admin
3) If this post doesn't contain said keywords, nothing happens.

Does anyone know of anything remotely similar to this?

Also, any workarounds to achieve a similar result are welcome. (ex: a way to make RSS work on the search page, and then subscribe to the RSS feed of said search page, that would be great too)

Thanks in advance to everyone
Does anyone know if there is a simple way of doing this yet?

the only way I could think of around it other than the above would be to use the swear filter, and try to set it up so that it emails admin whenever it is triggered. Does anyone know if there is a mod that could do this?

(I've used the search and couldn't find anything)

hellkeeper

Re: Email administrator when specific word / phrase is used

Post by hellkeeper »

sorry to dig out such an old post - but I'm searching for the exact same feature.
Is there any around now?

Thank you
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”