Delete old Private messages

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
DoYouSpeakWak

Delete old Private messages

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Since we just reached 100K private messages on our site, i thought it was about time to get that number down. They take up a bit of space, especially with attachments.

There are a few pm mods around, none of them can do this. One can but with 100K pms it would take around 200 hours to do. Mark 20 and press delete and go thru 10yrs of pms.

If someone here has the time and see a good idea in this mod idea, im sure others besides me would like if one of the existing mods that is no longer in development could be picked up, or if a new mod was made to cover this function. Maybe even a sql query could do it, havnt checked it out. who knows, just an idea so far.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
Offering paid services. 15+ years of experience with phpBB3 and server management.
darkonia

Re: Delete old Private messages

Post by darkonia »

very good idea, i have the same problem and i dont find an answer.
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
doktornotor

Re: Delete old Private messages

Post by doktornotor »

Support requests via PM go straight to /dev/null!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”