Need mod that can search topics/posts in Mod panel..

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
AmigoJack

Re: Need mod that can search topics/posts in Mod panel..

Post by AmigoJack » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:48 am

Delete /cache/data_search_results_*.php.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

parcs

Post by parcs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi Amigo,
I tried your great mod but I'm not able to make it work: no matter what keyword I try to search, no results are shown. On the other hand, the default phpbb search is working properly, showing me the correct results.

I deleted the cache, rebuilt the search index but still no results. I'm not using prosilver but a customized template: I made the changes to mcp_forum.html tough, and the search-box is properly showing. But no results in any search I try!

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the job you're doing!

baller1234

Post by baller1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:36 pm

AmigoJack wrote:Delete /cache/data_search_results_*.php.

I did, it did not work.. I still see the pagination, even when there are no topics in that forum anymore.

parcs

Post by parcs » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

parcs wrote:Hi Amigo,
I tried your great mod but I'm not able to make it work: no matter what keyword I try to search, no results are shown. On the other hand, the default phpbb search is working properly, showing me the correct results.

I deleted the cache, rebuilt the search index but still no results. I'm not using prosilver but a customized template: I made the changes to mcp_forum.html tough, and the search-box is properly showing. But no results in any search I try!

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the job you're doing!
Hi, no way to solve this?
I tried again and again the files modifications, but I always have the "No topics or posts met your search criteria" message, even if in the normal phpbb search -with same keywords- I find results...

Thank you!

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

I used a fresh installation of 3.0.12 and did all my instructions (2012-03-01 and 2012-03-04 + 2013-07-08), viewed a forum, have gone to the MCP, saw a list of all topics in that forum (being on page 1 of 2), entering a case insensitive keyword and seeing appropriate results (6 topics, no pagination). Another non-existing keyword brings the expected message aswell. My search backend was Fulltext native and Fulltext mysql - both gave same results. My style was (of course) prosilver.

I also moved one topic by creating a shadow topic and moved one topic without creating a shadow topic. As expected: MCP > Main > View forum lists only the shadow topic and a keyword search on either of those brings no results (shadow topics can't be found by keywords).

So far I'm unable to reproduce any of your errors. As a general approach: create a separate fresh installation and redo all the modifications, making sure it works as expected. Using prosilver. If it doesn't even work right there we have something to start with. Otherwise compare the installations (on Windows with i.e. WinMerge) to see potential mistakes.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”