Introduce Yourself first MOD

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
postcd

Introduce Yourself first MOD

Post by postcd » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:39 am

I need this Mod to force new users with 0 posts to firtly introduce themselves. Using Newly Registered User group does not fully solve the issue i think. I need this Mod to do this:

They see all forums, they can click New topic button, but message appear telling they need to introduce themselves first and link to introduction forum.

This can prevent spam. If spammer can only see Introduction forum, he will just post a new message or spam directly if its a bot. It does not solve problem, but using this Mod its probably that SPAM bots can be further more eliminated.
I have Health Forum and also webmaster Hosting Forum. Interested in making money? Try money maker forum.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: Introduce Yourself first MOD

Post by Jessica » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm

I do the same thing, however, I use two mods for this

Post Count Requirements - set every forum except the introductions forum to require 1 post

ACP Announcement Centre - put here that's it's required you post in the introductions FIRST.

it's not as good as when they go to another forum and getting the message they have to introduce themselves when clicking new topic, but this is the only way I can think of that might help you a bit.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Introduce Yourself first MOD

Post by Oyabun1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:16 am

You are better to stop the spammers from joining in the first place, see Preventing Spam in phpBB3.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”