Mod to generate random "dummy" replies to posts?

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
genemachine

Mod to generate random "dummy" replies to posts?

Post by genemachine » Sun May 27, 2012 1:47 am

Hi there,

I'm new to PHPBB, so I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong place, or if this is a stupid question, or if it's phrased completely wrong.

I'm very familiar with Drupal, which has a development module which allows you to mass generate random user and content, which is helpful in development for certain things. Is there a similar mod for PHPBB? I wasn't able to find it if there was.

Basically, for a little video I'm shooting, I've created a forum which will be on camera, and I'm trying to have posts have huge amounts of replies, in the thousands. If there's a way to do this (relatively) easily, I'd love to know.

Thanks!!
Gene

Balint

Re: Mod to generate random "dummy" replies to posts?

Post by Balint » Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi,

there's a tool called "QuickInstall" which does the mass generation of users and threads (but just in a newly created board, not in already existing ones):

http://www.phpbb.com/mods/quickinstall/

It should only be used locally. And I have no idea how it performs, when you create thousands of threads. Just give it a try :-)

Regards,
Bálint

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”