Looking for mod for members to share stories in

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
laceygirl

Looking for mod for members to share stories in

Post by laceygirl »

I'm having great difficulties finding an appropriate mod for this. I need a spot where members can submit stories for.

I attempted to install the "User Blog mod" but there is something seriously wrong with it and it wouldn't install. I also tried the "phpbb Blog" as well but it also was unsuccessful. I believe that they both are conflicting with another mod I have(Probably the phpbb gallery which I have).

I really am looking for something soon enough. I have several hundred writers ready to go Scarface on me if I don't find a solution.

Another mod that may do something like this for me?
My styles available for download:
Proskygray - Alpha - 0mega
AmigoJack

Re: Looking for mod for members to share stories in

Post by AmigoJack »

laceygirl wrote:there is something seriously wrong with it
it also was unsuccessful
You want a MOD that never gives you error messages?

In other words: go to where you got that MODs from (you even didn't link to it) and look in their support section for the error message(s) you got during the installation. Most supposely you're not the first one and most supposely the authors of each MOD know best what to do. Ignoring error messages will get you nowhere.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
laceygirl

Post by laceygirl »

You want a MOD that never gives you error messages?
No, that's not correct. Its clearly obvious I'm looking for a mod that "WORKS" and will allow members to contribute stories in an organized matter.

A week ago I had ask for support for another mod which remained unanswered. That was for the phpbb gallery mod. I did fix the issue myself with much trouble.
I don't have the time to wait to get support on mods that are these critical to get in my forum and I don't know of anyone who doesn't charge a zillion dollars an hour to install mods.

So I take it you have no idea of any other mods that would do what I need.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

laceygirl wrote:
you have no idea of any other mods that would do what I need
Right.

And as you deny to link to the MODs (this is the internet - it works by linking) and to give precisely the error message(s) and maybe steps to reproduce it (i.e. at which installation point) I also have no chance to inspect the code to see if it's easily fixable or if it's obvious that your environment is the culprit. I can't even say if it's an expected error (triggered by the MOD) or an unexpected error (PHP found one). For free.

User Blog Mod has many FAQ entries and requires you to run PHP 5.1.0 at least. And did you mean phpBB Blog System as the other MOD? unknownbliss is also a member on this board, so you can contact him easily.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
laceygirl

Post by laceygirl »

The reason I didn't link them is because I've uninstalled them completely and never did record the error. Its too late to ask right now unless I give it another install. Myself and Christian Bullock made attempts on getting this right and we both looked for a solution. We looked at the FAQ too. They errors were not mentioned there. Unknown bliss also has marked that mod as Un-supported. I didn't want to bother him.

I figured before jumping into the dark yet again, someone might know of another mod that I can try just in case it installs without an issue because that would save me time.

Hope this doesn't offend you that I am looking for a quicker solution before going back to the harder way.
FloridaMan339
Name: Randy Wood

Post by FloridaMan339 »

A story is a post. Why would you need a mod when you could just create a category/topic and let your people post away?

My board has a "Creative Writing" topic where any member can share as many or as few stories as they want. I don't understand why you would need a mod to do a core function - post.
laceygirl

Post by laceygirl »

It more organized. My forum gets an average of 31 new members a day. With 100 stories posted a week they are buried way too quickly. With a mod people are free to search by categories of stories etc.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”