Link forum to main website

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Dragonwolf

Link forum to main website

Post by Dragonwolf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Ok, I've been looking through mods and I'm sure this must exist, but I can't think how to search for it.

Basically I am in the process of creating a large HTML based website and want to fully integrate it with my forum. Are there any really cool mods for doing that? :D

I'm also looking to add something like this, but am unsure of the best option. Anyone have any suggestions? :3

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Re: Link forum to main website

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am

Seems you missed or just ignored this:
battye wrote:Before Requesting a Modification

Before creating a topic in the MOD Requests forums, we ask that users first search for their desired MOD. In many cases, the MOD will have already been created, thus searching will save you a lot of time.
A very quick search would have found: Add Homepage link in header.
Dragonwolf wrote:but am unsure of the best option.
Best option for what? If you've found the MOD you just need to install it.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I did do a search, but as I said I simply couldn't phrase it in a way that gave me anything worthwile. Thank you for the link, but that isn't really what I'm after. I'm kind-of trying to embed the forum so it looks more like part of the website, or to insert the row of buttons that will run across the top under the banner. I don't really want to get my homepage mixed up with the UCP and other stuff unless I can turn them into proper buttons instead of just links.
Best option for what? If you've found the MOD you just need to install it.
Well I was just wondering if there was a better version of that mod since there seems to be one or two and I was hoping someone could give me some feedback, that's all. I kinda want to put in a donation button and adverts instead of a calander and clock, etc.

5hocK

Post by 5hocK » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:02 pm

The portal you're looking at comes with a paypal block you can activate. All blocks can be turned on or off, so if you don't want the clock, turn it off. Custom blocks can be added at the click of a button and you can use html or bbbcode in them.
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”