Collapse posts

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Gas77

Collapse posts

Post by Gas77 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 am

Hi All,
this is my first post in this forum as I just made my first phpBB3 installation a few days ago.
All the forums usally have 2 main components: the social component and the 'technical' component where by technical I mean the topics providing valuable information, those are usually the post that attract potential new users.

By the way, like probably many forum admins I am looking to a way to manage my community leaving them some space to enjoty (fun OT is sometime healthy) but at the same time to keep the forums clean for external users and yesterday I thought about a modification that might be the solution, decription below:

The requested modification will allow Staff (Admins, Mods, ...) to collapse single posts within a topic. The collapsed topic will be shown to all users (and guests) as one line and each user will be able to expand all collapsed posts within the discussion or the single post. Users will also have an option to always show expanded topics in case they really like to enjoy the OT.

Example of a topic:

[quote=Example]
FIRST MESSAGE OF THE TOPIC
VALUE ADDED ANSWER
OT ANSWER
OT ANSWER
VALUE ADDED ANSWER
[/quote]

Your moderators will collapse the OT posts and the resultant topic will be much more compact and clean to read while all the OT posts will still be there.

[quote=Example after Mod collapsed OT posts]
FIRST MESSAGE OF THE TOPIC
VALUE ADDED ANSWER
(+)
(+)
VALUE ADDED ANSWER
[/quote]

I hope the concept is clear enough, and thank you in advance ! :)

balboag
Name: Gerardo

Re: Collapse posts

Post by balboag » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:37 pm

+1 to the mod

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”