Twitch and phpBB Integration: Advice Needed

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Suggested Hosts
Jackson413
Name: Jackson

Twitch and phpBB Integration: Advice Needed

Post by Jackson413 »

Hi phpBB community!

I play StarCraft II with a clan and was recently asked to help with the upkeep with the website. In StarCraft, there is a popular website, Twitch.tv, in which many StarCraft II players stream their games for others to watch. Many people watch streams to improve their skills by watching better players' streams.

I would like to integrate some sort of sidebar that would display which clan members are currently streaming. I like the whole idea of it, but I have no idea where to start, and a simple google search didn't turn up anything that I was looking for.

On a popular StarCraft-related website, teamliquid.net, there is a sidebar at the right that shows the current pro players that are streaming.

I would love to have something like that on our website, but I have no idea where to start. Can any of you smarter people lend some advice?

Please and thank you! :D
Last edited by Oyabun1 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Support
formally known as bliTz413
FCproductions

Re: Twitch and phpBB Integration: Advice Needed

Post by FCproductions »

This is something that I am currently interested in. Are there any developers that would like to write this?
x8BiTw0LFx

Re: Twitch and phpBB Integration: Advice Needed

Post by x8BiTw0LFx »

I also need advice regarding Twitch integration.

How do I make a new box on the frontpage of my website? I want to make a box where the members can log into to show their streams, like this:

Best regards

Christian

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”