Photos are appearing sideways and upside-down on the forums. Many of my users are taking pictures with phones and tablets and directly uploading the images to the forums.
phpbb does not check the EXIF data of the uploaded image and orient the image correctly. At a high level, the mod would review the EXIF data from the uploaded image. Based on the EXIF data, the mod would then rotate the image to the correct orientation.
When a user uploads an attachment, the mod would do the following steps:
- Determine if the exif extension has been compiled as part of the php install
- Determine if the attachment is an image
- Determine if EXIF data is present in the image
- Retrieve the EXIF Orientation value from the image
- Determine if the image needs to be adjusted based on the orientation value
- Rotate the image and save the attachment.
- These steps should occur before the create_thumbnail function has occurred.
- This should be done at attachment upload versus display attachment to save server resources.
http://www.neilyoungcv.com/blog/code-sh ... ation-fix/
For a description of EXIF orientation values:
This is old, but simple description of values - http://sylvana.net/jpegcrop/exif_orientation.html
EXIF tag values - http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exi ... /EXIF.html