Censorship mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
idontwantausername

Censorship mod

Post by idontwantausername » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Every so often a person comes by our forums and is annoying as hell. Now usually, being just a gaming team's forum, the member just rip into that person or don't bother at all.

Being a gaming team the forum is mainly for jokes and a laugh.

They've asked for a mod which will optionally censor a user's entire post to a given word. For example, User posts something, and by default, his posts shows up as whatever word is given, and the forum users have the option to turn this off, turn it on for certain users, only have it on for admin selected users, and then a small button on the post which will display the original content.

I know a lot of you will say "just ban the user" but obviously they just want to have fun with this instead, and I know it's more than likely no one will want to bother writing this, but I'm pretty amateur at php, I can understand and restructure code but writing an entire mod is another story. So if someone could guide me that would be awesome.

Cheers.

Sinom
Translator

Re: Censorship mod

Post by Sinom » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello idontwantausername!

Do you mean something like: viewtopic.php?t=1020915 :P

- Sinom

idontwantausername

Re: Censorship mod

Post by idontwantausername » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Not exactly mate but thanks