Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Scherbenreiter
Name: Saskia

Post by Scherbenreiter »

Hey guys!

After several hours trying, testing and searching, I am rather tired and sad D:
I have tried to let the user avatar be shown in a custom box on the index, which is located in the overallheader.htm ....
But everytime I work in a mod, it doesn't work because of the functions.php .... everytime I get another error code saying that the "header information" couldn't be altered by functions.php
Sooooo I want to ask you: Does anyone know a way to display the user avatar on index (more precise, to add it in overallheader.htm) WITHOUT / with not much working on index.php?

Already tried Welcome on index by Stoker and many more...

Thanks!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Avatar on index

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

your problem is how you are doing the MODs. you should only be downloading the relevant files to your computer using only a real ftp program.

you should only be opening/editing those files with a good text editor.

if you do it any other way, you will get those errors because you're process is introducing extra code into the files and they are then corrupt and won't work properly.

https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/tools- ... ise-phpbb/

get the proper tools and try again.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Scherbenreiter

Post by Scherbenreiter »

Already using Notepad++ and Filezilla, so there shouldn't be a problem linked to these, I would think.

Every other mod is working just fine Oo I put avatar on memberlist and several other mods in without any problem. Just this "theme"'s mods seem to create an error.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ok, then the software you are using is not the problem.

however, these MODs do work for most people.

that particular MOD does not edit the functions.php file at all.

how about a link to your board with the edits done for a particular MOD and tell us which one .

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Scherbenreiter

Post by Scherbenreiter »

Deal.
When my partner is offline (and doesn't panic anymore with me working and causing errors while that ;) ), I will re-edit with "Welcome on index 2.1.0.2" and put some screenshots and the link in here.

Thanks ;)

EDIT:

Like said, I used "Welcome on index 2.1.0.2" by Stoker(piller)
And these things happen with correct editing:
Header -> Error code#
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/de/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4706: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/de/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/de/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/language/de/common.php:1)
Index -> letters are biggr; icons aren't working properly
ACP -> can't use anymore

Got an idea?
Lumpy Burgertushie

the error says you have something on the very first link of language/de/common.php

the first thing must be <?php

no spaces no lines no BOM etc.

start with a brand new copy of that file that you have never opened or edited.

open it only with notepad++ make sure notepad++ is set to save files as utf8 w/o bom
make whatever edits you need to that file.
then use filezilla to upload the file.
make sure filezilla is set to upload php files as ascii, not binary and not auto ( although auto should work ).

purge the cache and try again.

robert

Scherbenreiter

Post by Scherbenreiter »

Got it working.
It seems that the Mod-codes in common.php have affected some other code there, because if I leave the first out, everything works fine.
So I adapted the code to my usings and now I am happy :D

Thank you~

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”