Hit counter mod

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Hit counter mod

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm

you reallyl don't have any idea what you are talking about.

the type of counter you describe is not going to be accurate for the reason kevin mentioned above and for several other reasons as well.

anybody that knows what they are doing would not use a counter like that. most site builders and other people that know what they are doing will use the very accurate and complete stat programs available to them from their hosting control panel as we said before.

you sure do state a lot of things as facts when you don't know what you are talking about.

I really do try to just ignore your posts but you keep saying the most outrageous things that I just can't let go.

one of these days you are going to go too far and probably get banned from this site.

robert

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:you reallyl don't have any idea what you are talking about.

the type of counter you describe is not going to be accurate for the reason kevin mentioned above and for several other reasons as well.

anybody that knows what they are doing would not use a counter like that. most site builders and other people that know what they are doing will use the very accurate and complete stat programs available to them from their hosting control panel as we said before.

you sure do state a lot of things as facts when you don't know what you are talking about.

I really do try to just ignore your posts but you keep saying the most outrageous things that I just can't let go.

one of these days you are going to go too far and probably get banned from this site.

robert

robert

Would it be old school or a bad idea having something like piwik (http://piwik.org/)? That what I been running :) One good thing is that if I move hosting, I don't lose all my stats.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:57 pm

not at all. that is the type of software I was talking about that most serious web site owners would use.

notice that in no place does it tell you to add a "hit counter" to your web pages. it keeps track of your stats at the server level as any serious stats program does.

looks like a good one.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

PolRas
I've Been Banned!

Post by PolRas » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:39 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
robert
robert
Don't worry about that .....i know am being witch hunted and who are my hunters.....if you think am wrong for posting ideas and that is what will make me be banned.....there is nothing to worry.

When time for those plotting to ban me from this board comes,,,,you wont do anything....as for me i will just walk out and move on with life......life out of this board.

though for now i can call that line of yours pure ''incitement''.....
[size=100]RASTAFARIAN LOVE, Lovers For All Justice, JUSTICE MUST BE DONE ![/size]

ViolaF

Post by ViolaF » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 am

Danielx64 wrote:piwik (http://piwik.org/)? That what I been running :)
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:looks like a good one.
yep, i use it for years now. its very good :D

MGadAllah
Name: Mohamed GadAllah

Post by MGadAllah » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Is this the code to be added to overall header

Code: Select all

<!-- Piwik -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var pkBaseURL = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://handboogforum.nl/piwik/" : "http://handboogforum.nl/piwik/");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + pkBaseURL + "piwik.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script><script type="text/javascript">
try {
var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + "piwik.php", 1);
piwikTracker.trackPageView();
piwikTracker.enableLinkTracking();
} catch( err ) {}
</script>
<!-- End Piwik Tag -->
If it is right, do I need to replace anything ?
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”