Q&A captcha remove answer after use..

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
xard

Q&A captcha remove answer after use..

Post by xard »

I want to Use the Q&A captcha for specific names from a list and if used it has to be removed,from the answers so it can not be used again.

Is it also possible that what you can person registered with on the Registration Page, can be sent to an e-mail?
Like:
Username
Email adresse
Q&A Captcha answer

Can anyone help?
Last edited by Oyabun1 on Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Support
xard

Re: Q&A captcha remove answer after use..

Post by xard »

Anyone have a solution for this?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I don't quite understand what the reasoning is for it.

The first person who signs up would have a choice of guessing one of, say, 20 names and therefore has a good chance of choosing an acceptable answer.
If those acceptable answers then start dropping off the list, the 20th person to sign up could be there for an hour trying one name after another until they hit the one that's left. OR if you keep adding more names to the list, you have to keep thinking up more and more unique ones, which again people won't necessarily know which ones are available or not.

What are you trying to achieve with this?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
xard

Post by xard »

Kevin Clark wrote:I don't quite understand what the reasoning is for it.

The first person who signs up would have a choice of guessing one of, say, 20 names and therefore has a good chance of choosing an acceptable answer.
If those acceptable answers then start dropping off the list, the 20th person to sign up could be there for an hour trying one name after another until they hit the one that's left. OR if you keep adding more names to the list, you have to keep thinking up more and more unique ones, which again people won't necessarily know which ones are available or not.

What are you trying to achieve with this?
Its for, The forums should only registered users that have this answer, because its are closed forum.

When they have signed up that can't sign up again or use that code to give it to someone else.
Its will be an answer that can only be used ones, and directed for that user.
To make clear easy there will get more and more answers added but they have to get deleted too, else it will waste of time to do it manually. Thats why i ask, is there not a piece of code that can do it?
If {answer} = used
Deleted {answer}
or
If {answer} = used
Change {answer} : ~{answer}~ is Used...
Something like that?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

So why not just make the Q&A question
Please email <youraddress> for a registration code

They mail you (which they'll have to do anyway for your suggestion to work) and you then email them a code that's only valid for that day (or two). Once they've signed up you just change it and wait for the next email.

Or you could make the account for them with the support toolkit or the add user MOD.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
xard

Post by xard »

If i have are list of members that is over 130-500 that will take really long time to do.

This Q&A answer is something this particular member knows no one else.'
That why the list, Kevin you not really help by asking. Im looking if this is possible to implement in the code and if yes, where.. not about If i send and Email to 100's of members and get an replay from 100's of members.

Like i did say, Is it possible that when the answer is used it can automatic removed from the answer list.
And If Yes* How?

Kind regards
xard
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I've never seen a MOD like that. I'm just trying to work out if there's a better way to do it by getting more information about what you're trying to do because often it's better to explain what you need to do rather than how you think it should be done.
xard

Post by xard »

When i look in the: phpbb_captcha_qa_plugin.php

Code: Select all

/**
	*  The actual validation
	*/
	function check_answer()
	{
		global $db;

$answer = ($this->question_strict) ? utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('qa_answer', '', true)) : utf8_clean_string(utf8_normalize_nfc(request_var('qa_answer', '', true)));

$sql = 'SELECT answer_text
			FROM ' . CAPTCHA_ANSWERS_TABLE . '
			WHERE question_id = ' . (int) $this->question;
		$result = $db->sql_query($sql);

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
		{
			$solution = ($this->question_strict) ? $row['answer_text'] : utf8_clean_string($row['answer_text']);

if ($solution === $answer)
			{
				$this->solved = true;

break;
			}
		}
		$db->sql_freeresult($result);

return $this->solved;
	}
Is it not possible to edit Something
if ($solution === $answer)
{
$this->solved = true;

$mySql="DELETE FROM CAPTCHA_ANSWERS_TABLE WHERE sid=$answer;
break;
}

I'm not godt at php, mysql
xard

Post by xard »

Any help?
xard

Post by xard »

Noone has are suggestion,?
phorum.ws
Name: Jay

Post by phorum.ws »

Some sort of Invite system would be the go here, no? I mean speaking from part experience of being invited to certain Developers sites etc, there is a certain 'Coupon/Key' you put in a field, and without this there is no signup, this would be better than a Q & A situation, IMHO, what do you think OP.

This would be a GREAT MOD for phpBB also. Specifically for private forums, on which I am working on a design for one as we speak (which is how I came across this and found it very interesting) ...

It would save ALOT of hassle with adding certain names to the list all the time. The Key would be automatically generated from the ACP somewhere, and given to an invitee. Then once used it's used, and the Admin can produce as many of these are he/she needs.

It would be a bonus (optional) if certain member 'Groups' could earn the right to 'Invite Friends' using these unique codes (somehow). You can see this in action on Developer Invite sites like Forrst.com & Similar on Dribbble.com also & i've seen it on Wordpress sites also.
Learning CSS, jQuery, Javascript - A Project Manager @Code_Collective Community-Based Dev Collaborative
xard

Post by xard »

That sounds awesome and yes it would help a lot. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”