phpBB as an email list

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Get Involved
jgalak

phpBB as an email list

Post by jgalak »

I've seen some topics on this, but not recently. Is there a mod out there that lets phpBB act as both a bulletin board and email list? With posts auto emailed (to those who ask for it) and the ability to email the forum and have it come up as a post?

My potential participant base is split between those that love forums (like myself) and hate forums and only want mail lists. I'm hoping to accommodate both...

I understand mail2forum used to do that, but it's not compatible with current phpBB and seems to have been abandoned.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: phpBB as an email list

Post by KevC »

jgalak wrote: I'm hoping to accommodate both...
That's asking for trouble.
Have a vote, majority wins or, as team leader, choose and they'll have to live with it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
acharles
Name: charles

Post by acharles »

This is an often requested, and quite useful, feature. There are several MOD's to do this linked from my phpBB 3.1.x extension request:

viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2322076
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Two are abandoned and one was never made further than an alpha release. They should not be used on a live board.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”