New reCaptcha 2.0

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Scam Warning
sector_1

New reCaptcha 2.0

Post by sector_1 »

Hello!

Has anyone tried to integrate new reCaptcha 2.0
How to do? Old reCaptcha was cracked and not preventing for SPAM registrations.

Thank you!
Cudn

Re: New reCaptcha 2.0

Post by Cudn »

I'm having the same question.

I managed to get the reCAPTCHA v2.o to show up, to fill it in correctly (new version reports you immediately that you put in the rights word), but when submiting post, it returns that reCAPTCHA isn't filled ok.

Anybody managed to get it worked?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

is this new recaptcha designed for phpbb3.1 ?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Cudn

Post by Cudn »

I'm using phpbb 3.0.12
Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:is this new recaptcha designed for phpbb3.1 ?
I assume they are referring to an updated version of reCAPTCHA released by Google last September. I don't think Google ever refers to it as 2.0. It has a new API so the existing reCAPTCHA plugin won't work with it.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

The "No CAPTCHA" that debuted earlier this month. https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
I haven't seen any new MODs/Extensions written for it yet. Interested to see how effective a simple checkbox like that would be, and how soon bots will be reprogrammed to beat it.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
otherside92

Post by otherside92 »

Getting tired of the amount of spam that gets through the old recaptcha... the new V2 (if you look at google's provided API they do reference it as V2 https://github.com/google/ReCAPTCHA/blo ... aptcha.php) is much better and has been out since September!

Why has no one created a mod or the official coders integrated it!? The old recaptcha is no longer supported, they should be looking forward and addressing the issue.

Slightly disappointed, upgraded from 3.0.12 to 3.1.2 the other day and was expecting far better spambot countermeasures and was met with mostly the same, disappointed and annoyed.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

all you need is the builtin Q&A with a good question and you will stop 99.99% of all spam.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
jsebean
Name: Jonah

Post by jsebean »

darcie wrote:The "No CAPTCHA" that debuted earlier this month. https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html
I haven't seen any new MODs/Extensions written for it yet. Interested to see how effective a simple checkbox like that would be, and how soon bots will be reprogrammed to beat it.
It's more than a checkbox. It does other background checks too deep in the secret sauce. Google is slightly ambiguous about all it does, but it seems to be much nicer.
-Jonah
:lol:
Lilafae

Post by Lilafae »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:all you need is the builtin Q&A with a good question and you will stop 99.99% of all spam.

robert
Yeah but all that does it make it so you can manually see if its a spammer. I don't want to have to manually go through 50 emails a day.
Up until 2 weeks ago reCaptcha worked perfect, No spambots got through. Now it doesn't work at all.
Following this thread to see if anyone finds a way to install the new one.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

reCaptcha was broken by the spambots a couple years ago.
The Q&A Captcha will stop the spammers completely if you use a proper question. There will be no EMails to go through.
Swanny

Post by Swanny »

otherside92 wrote:Slightly disappointed, upgraded from 3.0.12 to 3.1.2 the other day and was expecting far better spambot countermeasures and was met with mostly the same, disappointed and annoyed.
+1
aqua_blue

Post by aqua_blue »

The reCaptcha was working perfect until middle of December, as another member has mentioned above. The idea that reCaptcha became totally useless years ago is a myth. Google has continuously worked hard against spambots with the Captcha and always improved over time, and this shouldn't be discredited. I would like to know how to get the new reCaptcha working on my forum. I do not wish to use a static Q&A.
Lilafae

Post by Lilafae »

aqua_blue wrote:The reCaptcha was working perfect until middle of December, as another member has mentioned above. The idea that reCaptcha became totally useless years ago is a myth. Google has continuously worked hard against spambots with the Captcha and always improved over time, and this shouldn't be discredited. I would like to know how to get the new reCaptcha working on my forum. I do not wish to use a static Q&A.
Exactly! I have the static Q&A in now, and it is stopping the crazy amounts of spambot registrations I was getting but I'd really rather use the new reCaptcha.
elist

Post by elist »

Lilafae wrote:
aqua_blue wrote:The reCaptcha was working perfect until middle of December, as another member has mentioned above. The idea that reCaptcha became totally useless years ago is a myth. Google has continuously worked hard against spambots with the Captcha and always improved over time, and this shouldn't be discredited. I would like to know how to get the new reCaptcha working on my forum. I do not wish to use a static Q&A.
Exactly! I have the static Q&A in now, and it is stopping the crazy amounts of spambot registrations I was getting but I'd really rather use the new reCaptcha.
Mee too.

Has anyone tried integrating it themselves?
How hard could it be :P

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”