Dropdown menu on a link

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Dropdown menu on a link

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:35 pm

I am looking for the "mod" that adds a dropdown menu to a link (NOT a menu in the header like on this board)...

Look at this image in this topic: http://www.electric-house.ru/forum/view ... =91&t=5030

Also when you hover your mouse over "Active topics" at the top you get that dropdown menu...(one of the items is "Unanswered posts"

I've looked through that site and can't find any topic that shows how to add it. I don't completely understand the "Who installed mod links in a drop-down menu, add overall_header.html item:" part (translated from Russian to English). I'm assuming I need the "dropdown menu" mod before I add that code.

EDIT: I've tried registering...no luck on that. It says that countries that imposed sanctions on Russia (and that includes the US, right?) can't register anyways. I did try but I keep getting a WRONG_DATA error. I've gone and tried to use the contact admin form. I'm not sure that would work either since the only "reason" is related to advertising...also I have no idea what the answer to the Q&A is

EDIT #2: So what I'm requesting is maybe someone can help me get this "mod" by also trying to register and get the instructions, or any way else that I can get this dropdown that's shown in the image
Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Dropdown menu on a link

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 pm

have no idea what anything on that board is about.

if you are referring to the drop down menus shown in the images then I have never seen that on a 3.0 board.

there is a extension in the develpment forum that does something like that for a 3.1

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:49 pm

A lot of that behaviour looks very much like jQuery to me - and jquery is loaded in the header
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm

The dropdown menu in the image is exactly what I'm referring to. And also the one in the first image on the last post in the topic I linked to. And as I already posted, the board itself has this modification - hover over the Active Topics (translated to English) and you'll see the menu. The one in the image is the same menu, only with more links because the user is logged in.

EDIT: I managed to figure it out.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 pm

please share. it looks like an interesting MOD.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:12 pm

credit goes to the person who created it (not me) in the first place. I am merely providing the code.

CSS (I added it to the bottom of forms.css)

Code: Select all

.linklist li div {
    position: absolute;
    display: none;
    background-color: #ECF1F3;
	color: #28313F;
	border: 3px solid #4B6673;
	-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
	-moz-border-radius: 5px;
	border-radius: 5px;
	box-shadow: 0px 2px 12px;
	-moz-border-radius: 5px; -khtml-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
	-moz-box-shadow: 0px 2px 12px; -khtml-box-shadow: 0px 2px 12px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 2px 12px #555;
    z-index: 100;
    margin-left: -21px;
    width: 187px;
}

.linklist li:hover div {
    display: block;
}

.linklist li div a {
    display: block;
    text-align: left;
    padding: 0 0 0 20px;
    background-position: 3px 50%;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

.linklist li div a:hover {
	background-color: #C0D7DD;
}

.arrow_box { position: relative; background: #ECF1F3; border: 3px solid #4B6673; } .arrow_box:after, .arrow_box:before { bottom: 100%; left: 25%; border: solid transparent; content: " "; height: 0; width: 0; position: absolute; pointer-events: none; } .arrow_box:after { border-color: rgba(236, 241, 243, 0); border-bottom-color: #ECF1F3; border-width: 5px; margin-left: -5px; } .arrow_box:before { border-color: rgba(75, 102, 115, 0); border-bottom-color: #4B6673; border-width: 9px; margin-left: -9px; }
.arrow_box2 { position: relative; background: #4B6673; border: 3px solid #ffffff; } .arrow_box2:after, .arrow_box2:before { bottom: 100%; left: 89%; border: solid transparent; content: " "; height: 0; width: 0; position: absolute; pointer-events: none; } .arrow_box2:after { border-color: rgba(75, 102, 115, 0); border-bottom-color: #4B6673; border-width: 5px; margin-left: -5px; } .arrow_box2:before { border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0); border-bottom-color: #ffffff; border-width: 9px; margin-left: -9px; }
overall_header.html (adjust to your wishes)

Code: Select all

<ul class="linklist leftside">

<li class="icon-search">
				<a href="./search.php?search_id=active_topics" style="display: block">Active Topics</a>
				<div id="menu-1" class="arrow_box">

<a href="./search.php?search_id=unanswered" style="background-image: url({T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_unsubscribe.gif)">Unanswered Posts</a>

<a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}" style="background-image: url({T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_bookmark.gif)">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a>
				</div>
				</li>

</li>
			</ul>

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:57 pm

works perfectly, thanks. I really like this.

robert

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”